Winchester, Virginia Reliable Auto Shipping Services
Winchester is the county seat of Frederick County, VA and is home to nearly 28,000 residents. The city of Winchester played a large role during the American Civil War as five battles including three Winchester battles and two Kernstown battles. Today, Civil War enthusiasts enjoy visiting Winchester because the remains of five Forks from that time are still standing in the city and each year their Civil War reenactments which bring thousands of tourists to the area. Winchester was one of the first cities in the state of VA to access electric light and have it installed in residential homes. The climate is usually mild to cold during the winter and hot and humid during the summer. Winchester has several local parks, a golf course, public swimming pool and plenty of trail land for walking and jogging. The city also hosts several large events each year amongst which one of the most popular is the Shenandoah Apple Blossom Festival which started in 1924. This Festival brings tens of thousands of tourists to the area and includes parade dancing music parties carnival rides for all ages and the crowning of an Apple Blossom Queen.
For further information about the city of Winchester VA, you can visit the official city website. The website has information for new residents, city and government services, local attractions and the calendar of events.
Cost & Time To Ship Your Car Examples
|Shipping To/From||Cost||Distance||Estimated Time In Transit|
|Winchester to New York||$282||282 miles||2 - 4 days|
|Winchester to Boston||$376||502 miles||2 - 4 days|
|Winchester to Detroit||$467||467 miles||2 - 4 days|
|Miami to Winchester||$647||1079 miles||4 - 6 days|
|Houston to Winchester||$808||1348 miles||4 - 6 days|
|Los Angeles to Winchester||$1042||2606 miles||7 - 9 days|
|Winchester to San Diego||$1049||2623 miles||7 - 9 days|
|Winchester to Seattle||$1081||2704 miles||7 - 9 days|
*Prices and times are estimated. They can vary depending on the season and what type of vehicle you are shipping.
Choosing Winchester Car Shipping Services
Not all car shipping companies are the same as others. Keep these tips from A-1 Auto Transport in mind when you need to hire a company that you can trust:
- Check with the Better Business Bureau to see if a company is BBB accredited.
- Read reviews online that have been posted for previous customers.
- Contact the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) to verify the company is fully licensed and registered with the United States Department of Transportation you can do this by visiting the FMCSA website.
- Ask to see the shipper’s proof of insurance. Most companies will have this information readily available for customers to see and it should never be an issue.
- If a company requires you to pay a deposit, be sure that you can pay with cash, a credit or debit card only. Never pay a company by sending a direct wire transfer and be sure to get a receipt for all transactions.
- Carefully read all documents that require your signature. Never sign anything without meaningful agreements with the statements and information in the paperwork.
- Be sure that the agent gives you printed copies of all paperwork that is been signed and pertains with your automobile transport.
Winchester Professional Auto Transport Directory
DM Bowman Inc.
This company has been in business for more than 50 years and they own more than 325 carriers with the ability transport cars, trucks, vans, SUVs, boats and motorcycles to all areas of the United States. They are headquartered in Williamsport, Maryland but have satellite offices throughout the state of VA. All motor vehicle transport is fully licensed, insured and bonded. They can be reached by telephone to schedule quick transport services to Winchester VA.
11557 Hopewell Rd.
Hagerstown, MD 21740
Winchester includes ZIP codes
22601, 22602, 22603, 22604.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.