- Wilmington Long Distance Moving Companies
- The Best Tips For Relocating Without Stress
- The Importance Of Hiring A Professional Mover
- Tips For Finding A Reliable Moving Company
- Moving Services
- Why A-1 Auto Transport?
- Get A Free Quote!
Wilmington Long Distance Moving Companies
When you are presented with a lucrative job offer in another city or state, it is in your best interest to seize the opportunity. If this is happening in Wilmington, then hiring a local moving company is a wise move. We know moving can be challenging, but at A-1 Auto Transport we make it simple for you. We provide custom-made services and help you choose a package that suits you best. Visit our facilities in North Carolina and get a first-hand experience of what we do. We also offer vehicle transport services.
The best tips for relocating without stress
- It is advisable to pack the TV and computers in their original boxes. If you have important information on your computer, be sure to back it up.
- Plan early so that you have sufficient time to pack your belongings. If you hire a mover, then they will provide the packing materials. But if you decide to pack yourself, you will need plenty of boxes and other packing supplies such as sealing tape and markers.
- Use clean butchers paper to wrap items instead of the newspaper because it will stain your items. Glass plates, wine glasses, and other breakables should be packed in boxes lined with soft clothes to reduce the impact when they are moved or stacked.
- Update your address at the local post office so that your mail can be forwarded to your new residence. List down companies, organizations, and people in your circle that you wish to keep in touch with and send them the new address.
- Use Ziploc bags to store screws, nuts, and bolts from dismantled furniture. Attach the plastic bags to the pieces of furniture they belong to; this makes reassembling easy.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
The importance of hiring a professional mover
- The right equipment: There are household items that need special tools and equipment to move them. Professional movers have the manpower to safely handle the heavy stuff without breaking it. The movers also have trucks of different sizes to transport your belongings to any place. Loading and unloading is made easier by the use of hoisting straps and dollies.
- Insurance coverage: No company is allowed to operate without the required worker's compensation. It is mandatory that they provide adequate insurance cover for household items. This means that in case of damage or loss, the movers will be held liable and will be obligated to repair or replace the damaged items.
- Affordability: The moving cost tends to be higher when you move on your own due to lack of expertise. And you also risk damaging your household items due to poor handling. Professional movers make it their business to deliver services that suit your moving needs. The expenses are billed as one and you only pay the amount agreed.
Tips for finding a reliable moving company
Find out if the mover you are interested in has storage space. Sometimes, a move doesn’t always go as planned. Maybe the house is smaller than we thought or you have items that you're not sure what to do with. A reputable mover should be able to provide secure storage facilities for your items.
A reliable moving company is supposed to issue you a copy of ‘Consumer Rights and Responsibilities’ brochure. It contains step by step guidelines on how to prepare for your move and what to expect before, during and after your move. This is a requirement by law and a mover who does not give you the booklet should be avoided.
Look for a BBB Accredited moving company. The performance and reputation of a mover are displayed through good customer service and professional moving services. Check the number of complaints filed against your mover before making your final decision. Also, check the overall ratings of your mover to establish if they are reliable.
- International moves
- Local moves
- Commercial moving
- Residential moving
- Auto transport (car transportation)
- Furniture relocation
- Military relocation
- Packing supplies
Why A-1 Auto Transport?
We give you personalized customer service and the flexibility to make your move more convenient. We take the guesswork out of any moving issues by providing all the answers you need. Each client is served by top-notch staff that has the highest qualifications. A-1 Auto Transport offers services you can’t find anywhere else. We understand how important it is to trust your moving company and as such work with you so that you get to know us better.
Get a free quote!
Use the form at the top of this page to request your free quotes. For quality services at competitive rates, call us now on 888-509-3213.