Wilmington Long Distance Moving Companies
Wilmington is a city located northeast of Delaware. It has 80,000 residents making it the most populous city in the state. A strong judicial system and business-friendly financial laws attract corporations to establish offices in the city. Wilmington has parks, statues and rivers that bring in thousands of tourists annually. People move to work in the corporations, school in the universities or settle in the coastal city. At A-1 Auto Transport we handle your moving needs and also do car shipping across the country.
Why hire a moving company?
Equipment and training: Handling of items requires prior training and experience. To move a mirror from point A to B, one has to pad the mirror and move cautiously. Moving company employees have advanced training. They know how to deal with fragile items and heavy items.
Moving companies employ advanced mechanization in their activities. They disassemble large furniture for easier handling. They use properly insulated trucks to cover against impact. The vehicles are well serviced.
Communication is also enhanced. Movers on the ground are informed of all dangers along the way and go fully prepared.
Affordability: Moving companies cater for all services at the price they quote. They cover for packing, loading, and insurance. This is preferred since it saves on time, and minimizes accidents. Time is money. Avoiding delays by proper planning also keeps financial losses at bay.
Insurance: A professional mover will insure all items being moved. They charge 60 cents per pound for all loads. In case of accidents, the owner is sure to get compensation. Moving companies also provide additional insurance to cover the full value. This again, provides full compensation in case of loss.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
Tips to make you move easy
- Mark important dates on your calendar. Have a schedule that does not conflict with your other activities. When packing set at least one week aside. Ensure you are well rested the day before moving.
- Use quality reused boxes when packing. Modify the boxes by cutting out handles and painting them in different colors. This is done so as to easily identify items in each box.
- Clothes should be packed in suitcases and on hangers as they are. Move them in your vehicle to save on weight charged.
- Delicate items should have cushion in between to prevent breakage. Also inform the movers in advance of all delicate items you own. When packing fragile items use boxes which have clear labels. This ensures anyone that comes into contact will exercise caution.
- Ask for help from friends to reduce the packing expenses. Packing takes days or weeks. Save your energy and sanity by delegating the work.
- Have a utility box/bag that carries all items usable on arrival. Coffee makers and fresh clothes are necessary to have a warm home feel.
- Tip the movers at least 10% of the total charge. Have some food and refreshments for the movers and call it a day.
How to find a reliable mover
Ask for suggestions from people around you. Local moving companies are best placed to handle your move. A few people have seen or heard about a quality mover based in your area. Go to review websites and compare the ratings of different moving companies.
Some sites shame companies with poor service delivery. Other companies use dubious methods to acquire favorable reviews. They pay fake customers to rate them highly. It is important to use trusted customer review sites such as:
Use the following sites to establish a company’s background, licensing, registration and customer complaints.
Why hire A-1 Auto Transport?
We have over 2 decades of experience under our belt. The experience has enabled us to interact better with our customers. This way, we are able to deliver the exact type of move a customer requires.
Our operations are environmentally friendly. We work closely with the US Environmental Protection Agency. We are a member of the Smart Way program which proves our sustainability track record.
- Full service moves
- International moves
- Pet transport
- Affordable long distance moves
- State to state moves
- Long distance house moves
- Piano and pool table moves
- Car shipping
- Apartment relocations
- Military moves
- Senior and local moves
- Cheap Wilmington movers
Contact us now
Call us now on 888-509-3213, or find us on our address. Please fill out the form at the top of our page to get access to our superb rates.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.