Did you know that the average adult person in the US will move approximately 11 times in their entire life? Furthermore, the moving masses in the US are more than those who visit Disneyland annually! These are just some of the myriad surprisingly real facts about moving. Despite Americans moving once every 6 years, most of them still consider moving a stressful process. Well, at A-1 Auto Transport Inc, we believe that a move will be as challenging as you let it. This means that you need to be adequately prepared to move in order to prevent it from being a stressful event. As a student preparing to move to or from William E. Macaulay Honors College, you may not know where to begin. If you stick around, we shall give you invaluable moving tips and advice to ensure that you have smooth relocation. Moreover, we have been in the business of moving for over twenty years now with great reviews from our customers and professional bodies alike. Our company has moved folks in and across New York with great ease, so your move will definitely be another great success.
How to achieve a stress-free student move
Moving as a student need not be stressful if you follow our tried and tested moving tips and advice.
- Look for free boxes and supplies: Moving is a costly venture, and if you can find any way to cut costs, do it. One way to do this is to find free boxes and moving supplies from furniture stores, grocery stores and liquor stores. All these outlets will be happy to let you have as many boxes as you need.
- Have some cash in hand: On moving day, it is essential to have some cash in hand for any last-minute purchases. Moreover, this cash will come in handy to tip the moving crew at the end of the day for a job well done.
- Keep your valuables safe: All your valuable items such as jewellery, money and legal documents should always be within your reach. Place all of these items in a purse or a bag that you should keep with you at all times to prevent loss in the moving confusion.
Why you should hire a professional moving company
Moving as a student is considered to be a small move. However, no move is too small for a mover. Here are some reasons why you are better off using professional moving services.
- Reliability: A professional moving company will provide more reliable services than your friends or family would. This is because they know how to carry out each moving task professionally without needing a break until the work is finished.
- Time saving: The time you will take to complete your move will be reduced by more than half with the help of a professional mover.
Tips to hire the best student moving company
Not every moving company will provide you with the services that you need. In order to find the best moving company, here are a few tips to observe.
- Research local companies: Look in the phone book and online listings for some reputable local moving companies. Additionally, you should ask friends and relatives as well as small local businesses to recommend some moving companies.
- Research professional accreditations: Find out what kind of rankings the Better Business Bureau has given the companies you are researching. In addition, research the customer reviews found on this platform. Needless to say, avoid companies that have lots of negative reviews.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
Our moving services
At A-1 Auto Transport Inc, we have a wide variety of moving services. Not only do we offer local and long distance moving, we also offer state to state and nationwide moving as well as international moving services. Moreover, we offer full service moves, apartment moving, door to door moving, packing and unpacking services, access to affordable moving companies, provision of moving boxes and supplies, free moving advice, professional moving estimates and cost of moving as well as auto transport and moving storage.
Benefits of moving with us
We are a full service moving company that was established over twenty years ago. Additionally, we are fully licensed and insured. Our professional affiliates include the Better Business Bureau, the American Moving and Storage Association as well as the ProMover. Furthermore, our track record is credible and traceable, with great customer reviews online.
Make the smart choice
You may contact us via 888-509-3213 for all your moving needs. Alternatively, when you fill out the form at the top of this page, one of our representatives will be in touch with you.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.