Will the Army Ship My Car to Germany?
Being in the Army means that relocation from one base to the next is likely a common occurrence in your life. After receiving you PCS orders to Germany, start planning your move right away. The government pays any moving costs and this includes shipping costs for one vehicle per family. If you wish to ship any more vehicles, the expense will have to be out of pocket.
Seeing as the Army will ship one of your cars to Germany, you will want to make sure that the best overseas car shipping company is in charge of the transport. The Army will usually let you choose the shipping company of your choice. You can use online resources to search for the most reliable transporters nearby. Then sort through your options by looking for qualities that prove their reliability in the auto transport industry. They should be licensed transporters, have years of experience, and all of the latest shipping equipment.
Learn More about Your POV’s Shipping Process to Germany
After your overseas car transport is scheduled, begin preparing for the day. You must first gather all proof and documents specified in Germany’s import policy. The shipping company will help you understand these laws and requirements but you can call the Embassy of Germany to learn more about their policies. They’ll also inform you of the latest tax rates associated with your vehicle’s import. Two taxes you can expect to pay include a 10% import duty and a 19% VAT. You must provide proof to Customs that you paid all taxes. Once you gain import approval from Customs, your car is all set to lawfully enter to country.
Before your car is picked up by the transport company, it must also undergo some preparation. The car must be cleaned inside and out. The fuel tank can’t read over ¼ full and all other fluids must be topped off. Unless enclosed shipping methods are used, the car must also be empty from anything other than floor mats, a spare tire, and a car jack. After the car’s prep is fulfilled, document any preexisting damages. You should also take some photographs. You can use these to refer to later when you give the car a look over after its delivery to the Army base in Germany.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?