Moving is ranked as one of the biggest stressors people can face. There are many reasons for this fact including that there is just so much to do in such a short period of time. Here are some of the top reasons why this process is so stressful.
Finding New Living Quarters
One of the first decisions to be made is where will you live. This involves actually doing research into the new area and then ranking or determining everything that is important to you in a new location. Here are some items to consider as they relate to a new location:
- Will you stay in the same town, state, or move a longer distance?
- How much change are you comfortable with?
- What about your new climate—warmer, cooler?
- Should the new location have strong job opportunities?
- Looking for cheaper cost of living, better schools, safer neighborhoods, etc..?
Determining A Budget
There are very real costs to consider when looking into a move. There are also a fair number of expenses and costs, like paying the moving company, renting the truck, buying boxes and packing supplies, tools, security deposits, travel costs (gas, hotel, food, airline tickets, etc…) and possibly even more.
Start by deciding what you can afford to pay and then what you are prepared to pay. Yes, there are plenty of things that can be done to save a bit of money here and there, but you should still be realistic about this process.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
One of the biggest stressors of moving is the process of actually hiring professional movers. You have to do all the research and then find some possible companies, getting price and service quotes. The serious companies should be further contacted to do an in-home estimate. It can take a lot of time and energy to do properly.
Of course, each possible moving company must be checked out thoroughly. The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration can be a great resource for this. Also, read online reviews to gain further insight into each company.
Tons Of Cleaning
If you don’t like cleaning, this will most likely add to your general stress level. No doubt that packing everything up was a real pain, but now you see how dirty everything was. So, just when you started thinking you might be finished, its time to get out the broom and maybe even the mop. You certainly don’t want to leave a mess for the new owners, right?
After wiping down the kitchens and bathrooms and making sure no trash is left behind, you get to look forward to probably doing this all over again at your new location.
If you are not naturally an organized person, moving will get on your last nerve. There are so many different tasks that need to be done all at the same time. Each one of these is further complicated by being in various stages of production at any given time. Of course, keeping checklists and inventories can help, but it is still a lot of work.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?