What You Should Pack Last and Why
When you need to relocate, hiring a mover who provides packing services can be a significant way to ease the stress associated with packing all your items by yourself. Nevertheless, there are cases when you hire a mover but the moving package does not include packing services. What do you do? You have to pack all the items all by yourself and it is important to ensure you do so appropriately. You cannot, for example pack all your items at once; there are those items you should pack last. Here are some of them.
- Documents: Some documents are necessary when moving and these need to be packed last. For example, your contract with the moving company, your inventory list, and the rental lease document are important documents that perhaps, will need to be signed at the last minute before you move. Keep these near you.
- Beddings: Packing beddings among the first items can inconvenience your move. You will need to use them some weeks before the day of the move. As such, it is advisable to leave towels, a few bedsheets and blankets that you can use up to the date of the move.
- Medicine and toiletries: Do you have any medicines that you or any of your family member is taking? These are better packed last to ensure that you take them even on the day of the move. Do not pack your first-aid kit early since you may need it on the morning of the move. You should also have enough stock of your personal hygiene items to last you the remaining days before your mover arrives.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
- Basic tools: There are tools in a house that you cannot do without such as tape measure, screwdriver, hammer, duct tape, screws, nails, box cutter, pocket knife, flashlight, scissors, etc. Ensure that such basic tools are available even on the morning of the move, as you may need them anytime.
- Comfort providers –toys, drinks, snacks: If you are moving with kids, snacks and toys are a must-have. Similarly, you need to have a few drinks and snacks nearby to feed your family even during the move. Try as much as possible to also not change your pet’s routine by putting its food and toys away very early.
- Cleaning materials: There are kitchen utensils that you will use on the day of the move and you cannot carry them while they are dirty. Whether you like it or not, such utensils need to be cleaned, which is why you need to keep your cleaning materials within reach up to the day of the move.
Planning your move to a new house involves deciding which moving company to hire, as well as what items to carry and which to leave. Nevertheless, prioritizing the items to pack and at what time can help you have a smooth transition to your new house. To avoid making unnecessary mistakes, you should hire a moving company that specializes in packing services.
State to State Moving Services
- Affordable Long Distance Moving Services
- Apartment Moves
- Cheapest Ways To Move Long Distance
- Commercial Moves
- Corporate Relocation
- Full Service Moves
- Furniture Moves
- Government Moving
- Local Moves
- Long Distance House Moving Companies
- Long Distance Moving Prices
- Long Distance Moving Services
- Military Moves
- Military Moving Companies
- Moving & Storage
- Office Moves
- Piano Moves
- Pool Table Moves
- Senior Moves
- Small Moves
- State to State Moving Services