What You Must Do before Shipping Your Car to Madagascar
If you are moving to Madagascar and would like to have your car transported there, consider a professional international transport company. They are capable of shipping all types of vehicles overseas.
Their experience with foreign import policies is extremely helpful as you prepare for the car’s transport and they’ll continue to guide you throughout the process the entire time.
You want to make sure that you hire a transporter with the right qualifications. Before hastily hiring just anyone to ship your car to Madagascar, search online for the most reputable overseas shipping companies near your home in the U.S. Call a few of them for more information and a free quote. Make sure you ask about their shipping services and insurance coverage. When you find the transporter that you feel most comfortable buying services from, book your transport right away.
A-1 Auto Transport ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
The Responsibilities of the Shipping Customer.
- Contact the Embassy of Madagascar for the current regulations for auto import.
- Schedule any inspections and pay off the duties and taxes associated with the import. Make sure you keep proof of payment.
- Collect all relevant documentation- license, passport, original sale invoice, etc.
- Clean the exterior and interior of the vehicle. Don’t leave anything in the car unless you are packing it up for container shipping purposes.
- Inspect the car for damages. Write down anything you already know about the car’s condition and take pictures. You can use these notes after the shipping process to inspect the vehicle once again.
- Check all the fluids and top them off. Leave the fuel alone and make sure it’s less than ¼ of a tank full.
- Put air in the tires if needed.