You somehow managed to pack up all of your belongings, say goodbye to your old house, and successfully move into this new one. It’s a huge feat to accomplish! You might want to celebrate by taking yourself out to a nice dinner and getting a good night’s sleep.
Now that you’ve paid off the moving companies and have everything loaded into your new home, it’s time to transition into the next stage of the moving process. It’s time to unpack and settle in. It can easily be just as overwhelming, if not more so, than the packing and moving process was, so be sure to follow these tips for a smooth transition into the next stage of your life.
Unpacking the Essentials
Before this step even, some people may want to hire professional cleaners to come in as soon as the house has been officially moved into. If that’s your case, be sure to hire them to come in before you unpack anything, as it will make their job easier. Next, you’re going to want to start unpacking the true essentials. Hopefully, you’ve followed our earlier tips on how to organize your boxes, so you will know how to find what you need right away. Start by unpacking these items:
- Toilet paper, soap, towels, shower curtain, deodorant, toothbrush and toothpaste, shampoo and conditioner.
- Trash bags, scissors, and a vacuum to aid you in your unpacking process.
- A few changes of clothes and your bed sheets.
- Some food, preferably non-perishable, that you can have ready to eat as quickly as possible, such as a frozen meal.
These are pretty much all the essential things you’ll need to have out of boxes in order for you to start settling into your new home, as well as assist you as you continue the lengthy process of unpacking your belongings.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Go Room By Room
Next, it’s time to follow the golden rule of unpacking each room in a logical order. Be sure to plan out each room (having a floor plan, list, or some kind of diagram will really help you out) before you start to unpack your belongings. Follow this pattern throughout the coming days as you continue to unpack.
Take Pictures of the Day
Pictures truly are a great way to capture the mood of a certain moment. Taking pictures of yourself and your family on moving day will ensure that the exciting memories you have will last a lifetime. Plus, you can use it as an excuse to meet your neighbors, by knocking on their door and asking them to take your picture.
Ending the Day
One useful idea is to save unpacking your bedroom for the evening of your move, so you’ll be able to wind down comfortably. This way, when you start to get tired, it will be easier for you to simply go to bed, rather than try and push yourself to unpack anymore for the day. After all, it’s been a very long and probably somewhat stressful day, and you’re going to want to get a good night’s sleep.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- What Makes Us Better?