What To Do If You Misplace Your Keys On Moving Day
While planning for a move from one home to the other, it is important to ensure that you hire a mover, pack all your belongings, and clear with your former property manager before you move out. However, some unexpected events might happen on the day of the move such as misplacing your keys. This could mean that you will not receive your full deposit from the agent or landlord. If this happens to you, don’t panic. Here is what you can do.
- Clean the house before you go: As you prepare to move, you sort out your items to make sure you take with you only what you need. Usually, the house is in a mess after you have packed everything. Unusable clothes, utensils, boxes, etc. tend to lie all over the house. It might be possible that you lost your house keys in this mess during the whole hustle and bustle of moving out. Cleaning the house carefully can be a suitable way to find misplaced keys. Even if you do not find them in the house after cleaning, at least you will have confirmed that they actually aren’t there.
- Check your belongings: The house keys could have been mixed up with the other items during the packing process. If you had not tied up all your belongings and handed them over to the moving company, you can check them to see if you can find the misplaced keys. However, this is only possible if you have enough time to spare. If you still don’t find the keys or you’re simply in a hurry, you can talk to the manager to allow you some time to look for the keys amongst your belongings as you unpack in your new home.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
- Retrace your steps: Try to remember the time and place you last saw or used your keys. Think about all your steps and activities that you engaged in that day. Reenacting them could help in jogging your memory.
- Agree to replace all the locks: If it all fails or you simply give up the search, the best option would be to talk to the house manager and agree on a possible replacement of the locks in the house. It is important to reach an agreement on the cost of replacing the locks, as well as where the amount to foot the expenses will come from. You can either arrange with the manager to use part of your house deposit to buy and replace the locks or you can hand him/her the money in cash.
Misplacing the house keys on the day of the move is not anything anyone would ever wish to experience. However, it can happen to anyone. If it does happen to you, stay calm and keep a clear mind. Ensure that you notify the property manager and settle on the best option as far as finding or replacing the misplaced keys is concerned. However, your preferred option should not inconvenience the moving crew in any way.
State to State Moving Services
- Affordable Long Distance Moving Services
- Apartment Moves
- Cheapest Ways To Move Long Distance
- Commercial Moves
- Corporate Relocation
- Full Service Moves
- Furniture Moves
- Government Moving
- Local Moves
- Long Distance House Moving Companies
- Long Distance Moving Prices
- Long Distance Moving Services
- Military Moves
- Military Moving Companies
- Moving & Storage
- Office Moves
- Piano Moves
- Pool Table Moves
- Senior Moves
- Small Moves
- State to State Moving Services