What To Do If Some Of Your Keys Are Damaged Or Missing And You Need To Hand Them Over
One of the things that you are required to do before moving out of any house is to hand over your keys to your property manager. At times, you can get caught up in the hustle of finding a new house, packing and finding a reliable mover such that you do not get the time to check and replace any missing or damaged keys before your mover arrives. This article provides tips on what to do if some of your keys are damaged or missing and you need to hand them over.
- Replace them beforehand: You should try your best to remember to inspect your keys prior to the day of the move and replace them beforehand. Such consideration helps you to avoid last minute rush to find what to do with such keys. Talk to a reliable smith or key cutter to have the damaged or missing keys replaced.
- Notify the property owner/manager: In case you forget to replace the keys beforehand, the prudent way to go is to notify the house manager about them. They will advise you accordingly on what you should do. Some house owners will have no problem with damaged or missing keys especially where they change all the locks system every time a new tenant moves in. However, others would require compensation for any missing or damaged keys.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
- Arrange to replace them later: Most people do not remember to check their keys until the day of the move. It would be challenging to replace them on the same day because it might delay your moving company and probably, cost you a lot. In such cases, talk to your property manager, you can agree on when to have them replaced later.
- Pay for a complete change of locks: In most of the cases, having the lock system completely changed is a safe way to ensure the security of the house. In addition, should anything happen to the house you were occupying even after you move, the blame will always be on you if you didn’t have the locks changed. Opting to change all the locks in the house can help you to avoid such blame in the future. However, ensure that you are in agreement with the property manager about changing the locks.
You must hand over the keys to your former house before moving out but you might encounter some challenges, especially if you don’t notice early enough that some keys are missing or damaged. If you find yourself in this situation, it is always important to communicate with your property manager –it will help in deciding what action is appropriate as far as the damaged and missing keys are concerned.
State to State Moving Services
- Affordable Long Distance Moving Services
- Apartment Moves
- Cheapest Ways To Move Long Distance
- Commercial Moves
- Corporate Relocation
- Full Service Moves
- Furniture Moves
- Government Moving
- Local Moves
- Long Distance House Moving Companies
- Long Distance Moving Prices
- Long Distance Moving Services
- Military Moves
- Military Moving Companies
- Moving & Storage
- Office Moves
- Piano Moves
- Pool Table Moves
- Senior Moves
- Small Moves
- State to State Moving Services