What To Consider When Hiring A Pet Mover
While making state-to-state or an international move, hiring the services of a good pet mover is important. Doing this will free you up so that you may handle the other details of your move while being assured of the safety and good handling of your pet. Look for a reputable moving firm which also offers pet moving services.
Below are the factors you should be on the look-out for when shopping for a pet mover:
Factors related to the pet mover
- Housekeeping: A good pet mover will sanitize your pet’s surroundings and ensure that your pet will be comfortable and safe during the move.
- Communication: A reliable and forthright mover will maintain open lines of communication with you and provide you with regular updates of the shipping and your pet’s progress. More importantly they will be able to receive and understand your instructions and act upon them efficiently.
- IPATA membership: Most of the trusted and experienced pet movers are members of International Pet and Animal Transportation Association (IPATA)
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
Factors related to the handling of your pet
- Safety: It is important to ensure that your pet will not be harmed during the move and that although it may be agitated by the changes, it will not cause harm to those handling it or the other pets.
- Exercise and breaks: A good pet mover understands that breaks will stop your pet from being restless. Your pet should not be confined to a tiny space through-out the whole journey; they will need time to be allocated time to move around and exercise.
- Nurturing: A good pet mover is generally one who is great at handling pets and takes great care of them. Providing food and water may seem as a basic factor but this is very important. A good pet mover will not neglect the pet and its needs.
- Health and medication: A pet mover who provides quality moving services ensures that your pet is in good condition and will react swiftly should they notice any health issue. In case your pet is under medication, a good mover will administer the drugs at the required time. A professional pet mover will also possess the relevant health certificates and ensure that your pet is up-to-date with the required vaccinations.
Factors related to you
- Preference: Since you are the pet owner, you will probably know best which moving options will suit your pet in the best way possible.
- Cost: Moves are synonymous to expenses. It is best to select the pet mover who offers services that are within your budget.
Understandably, long distance moves may be overwhelming for both you and your pet. It is therefore; best to put into consideration the main factor that may influence your choice of a pet mover and the available services. Find out if the pet moving company will be able to handle your request efficiently. Do determine beforehand whether they will be able to handle your pet in the best manner possible.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.