Things You Should Unload First And Why
Are you moving to a new home? You will need to make thorough preparation to counter the stress that comes with any move. For example, working with a reliable mover can help you to have a smooth and stress-free move. Your moving company has just arrived at your new home. It is advisable to be orderly when offloading your items from the moving truck. Here, we cover a brief discussion on what things to unload first, as well as the rationale behind such a decision.
- Pets: If you are moving with pets, it is important to note that they need extra care on the journey, and after you arrive at your destination. As such, your pests should be the first thing you need to consider unloading immediately, especially if you had moved them in the moving company’s trucks. The rationale for this is the fact that they need to remain as safe as possible. In addition, you do not want to stress them with the activities of the move –make them as comfortable as possible away from the unloading and arranging of the house.
- Large furniture: When packing, it is possible to tuck some items under the large furniture in the moving trucks. It will be hard to unload such items with your furniture still in the trucks. For this reason, it is important that you remove the large furniture first. It will create enough room to access all the other items easily.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
- Electronic appliances: Appliances are not only heavy and expensive; the majority of them are also delicate. You do not wish to have any of your appliances break at the last minute. As such, you should get them off the moving truck among the first items. Such an approach reduces the chances of your moving crew hitting any of the appliances as they move other items.
- Boxed items: Usually, items packed in boxes are easy and fast to carry. The boxed items should be among the first things to consider moving out of the trucks. Such a move helps you to create more space to unload other items while at the same time ensuring that you do not knock over the boxed items. However, as you unload them it is important to move them into their specific rooms for ease of unpacking.
- Kitchen households: Moving to a new home especially over a long distance can be quite hectic. You may need to fix something for the kids, yourself and even the pet immediately your mover arrives. As such, make sure that the kitchen items make out of the moving truck among the first items. While such a move helps you prepare something to eat as soon as you arrive, it also saves the kitchen households from breaking since a majority of them are delicate.
Planning for a move –what to pack first, load and unload first can guarantee you a painless move. Deciding what item to unload first is key. It not only saves time, but also helps you protect all your belongings by carefully unloading them systematically. Remember that the mover you engage also plays a significant role in unloading your items successfully.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.