What Must I Do to Ship My Car to Tunisia?
Shipping your car to Tunisia from the U.S. is made much easier when you hire experienced international transporters. A lot of people assume that the cost of shipping a vehicle to another country exceeds their financial means.
This isn’t exactly true. In fact, shipping services are known for their cost efficiency. They also provide many advantages and assure a safe delivery.
Find a transport service nearby your home in the U.S. Make sure they have a positive reputation for their international shipping services. You may even want to find a company that has experience with shipping cars to Tunisia or anywhere in Northern Africa. Gather several quotes and consult with the companies before you hire someone for the shipping process.
A-1 Auto Transport ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
What the Shipping Customer Is Responsible For:
- Contact the Embassy of Tunisia for the current regulations for auto import.
- Schedule any inspections and pay off the duties and taxes associated with the import. Make sure you keep proof of payment.
- Collect all relevant documentation- license, passport, original sale invoice, etc.
- Clean the exterior and interior of the vehicle. Don’t leave anything in the car unless you are packing it up for container shipping purposes.
- Inspect the car for damages. Write down anything you already know about the car’s condition and take pictures. You can use these notes after the shipping process to inspect the vehicle once again.
- Check all the fluids and top them off. Leave the fuel alone and make sure it’s less than ¼ of a tank full.
- Put air in the tires if needed.