When choosing auto transport shipping options, one of the first choices that you have to make is whether to ship your vehicle through either Open Air auto transport or Enclosed auto transport. While many people often choose Open Air transport because it is usually the cheaper option, for many vehicles, it is much better to choose the Enclosed transport option. In order to understand what kind of vehicles should be shipped through Enclosed transport, it’s important to understand the benefits that it can offer.
The Benefits of Enclosed Auto Transport
The benefits of enclosed auto transport are numerous. They include:
- Increased protection from weather and the elements;
- A fully enclosed environment for your vehicle, ensuring that it’s not touched or tampered with;
- Increased security when the auto transport carrier stops at various rest areas and so forth;
- Higher likelihood of door-to-door shipping being available;
- Only a slight increase in cost in many cases compared to Open Auto Transport.
If you’re transporting your vehicle in an area during the winter in which snow is expected, enclosed auto transport can protect it completely. Even if it’s not winter, during the summer months, the chance of hail or small pebbles hitting your vehicle can damage it severely.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
The Type of Vehicles Ideal for Enclosed Transport
Not every vehicle should be shipped through enclosed transport, but there are certain types that should be, no matter what. These include:
- Luxury Vehicles
- Race Cars
- Brand New Vehicles
- Sports Cars
Enclosed auto transport ensures that your vehicle will arrive in the same condition that it left. It’ll give you better peace of mind and extra privacy for your vehicle. Not always, but in some cases, you also may be able to store some personal items in the enclosed trailer. You will need to discuss this first with the auto transport company to see if that’s possible. It won’t be an extensive amount of items, but nonetheless, it could save you some hassle, especially if you’re planning a move.
Of course, for some vehicles, it might not be worth the extra cost. The vehicles that don’t have to be shipped through enclosed transport are:
- Work cars
- Used cars
- Regular family vehicles
- Low-cost vehicles
Keep in mind though that some vehicles simply cannot be shipped through enclosed auto transport. These usually include extremely large SUVs, curtain vans, and pickup trucks. In this case, you may have no choice but to choose Open Air auto transport. But don’t fret. Auto transport companies take every precaution necessary to make sure that your vehicle isn’t damaged. This can include putting a special tarp over the vehicles while they’re on the road.
You should always visit a website such as the Better Business Bureau to check out the auto transport company first before you commit to anything.
Contact A-1- Auto Transport today and let us assist you in determining which shipping method is ideal for you and your vehicle.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- What Makes Us Better?