What It Needs to Ship a Car from Chicago to Los Angeles
Perhaps the best thing you could do for your vehicle when you need to have it shipped from Chicago to Los Angeles is to find a transport company with a positive reputation and years of history in the industry.
The Internet will be your most useful resource during your search for shipping companies. Look for local auto transport companies that offer state to state transports.
As you scour your online resources to find the right transport company to ship your car from Chicago to LA, pay close attention to the characteristics of each transporter you come across. There are certain qualities that shine through when a transporter is reliable.
- The transporter will be approved by the DOT and carry licensing and certificates to prove their authenticity.
- They will have insurance coverage to guarantee the security of their shipping services.
- Past customers will leave positive reviews and ratings online. These reviews should be easy to find through the search engines. Read them over before hiring anyone for the shipping process.
- Any long-standing transport company will have an assortment of transport services and features to choose from, no matter what type of vehicle you need to have delivered.
- The customer service representatives will be friendly, helpful and full of valuable information.
- They won’t ask for any money upfront. If you are ever asked for a large down payment or full payment before the services were conducted, be cautious. You could be dealing with a scam artist. This is why researching the company before hiring them is essential to the successful delivery of your vehicle.
When you have finally found the right transport company for your vehicle, schedule your transport date and begin preparing for the big day as necessary.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.