Anytime you need to ship a car overseas, hire a dependable international auto transporter. To safely and successfully ship your car to the Philippines, going through experienced transporters is the only definitive way.
They use all of the proper equipment and tools while providing trained employees to guide you through the process of shipping to another country.
A Checklist to Keep You More Organized.
- Contact the Embassy of the Philippines at least a couple months prior to the desired shipping date.
- Start looking into the international transport companies nearest to you and book your vehicle’s transport date.
- Collect the documents and proof needed for Customs such as passport, vehicle title, and registration, passport, etc.
- Clean and prepare the vehicle according to the transport company’s specifications.
- Complete any and all inspections required. Provide proof to the Customs office.
- Pay all duties and tariffs if applicable and get proof of the payment.
- Make sure you have a ride arranged to the port on the day the vehicle arrives. Ports will not hold an automobile for any individual.
- Write out a list of all damages already done to the vehicle. Take pictures of any visible harm.
You can expect great service and a smooth import with an experienced transporter’s help. The shipping company will even provide insurance coverage on all of the vehicles in their care for the shipping process. If anything were to happen to the integrity of the vehicle, inform the transporter and they will have you file a report so that a claim can be made through their own insurance policy.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.