As you gather quotes for the transport of your houseboat, you may notice that the rates you are given all differ. Fortunately, shipping services are cost effective and appeal to most budgets.
There really isn’t any better way to have a houseboat transported to its destination if you wish to keep its condition intact.
The process of transporting something as large as a houseboat is only possible through the help of professionals. Without the proper equipment or training required, it would be nearly impossible to have the houseboat shipped to its new home in the U.S., especially to a landlocked state. So before you start collecting quotes from transport companies, make sure that you’re only contacting the most reputable ones closest to your home.
Qualities All Reliable Transport Companies Should Have.
- Insurance coverage is a necessity. Most transporters provide insurance coverage to their customers for free.
- The company has a positive reputation among their customers. You should be able to find positive reviews and ratings online by searching the transporter’s company name. They should also have a website with accurate contact information.
- They use high-quality, durable shipping equipment to transport houseboats.
- As you’re on the phone with customer service, you find that they are helpful and friendly.
- They’ll have a variety of services available as well as custom solutions.
How Your Estimate Is Calculated.
The shipping company will need some information including what services you decide upon before they can calculate what your transport will cost. Be prepared with the following information.
- The address to where the houseboat will be picked up and the address of its destination.
- The size, weight, and brand of the houseboat.
- A list of any other items shipping with the houseboat.
After the shipping company is given this information, you should have a quote within minutes. Ask what fees are associated with your cost of transport. Some transporters will charge for insurance, permits and other associated matters. Make sure there aren’t any unreasonable hidden fees.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.