To ship a car to Libya, contact the international embassy immediately. It is highly recommended that you do this before you schedule a ship date so you can appropriately prepare the vehicle for transport.
You should have a mechanic inspect the vehicle so any leaks can be fixed.
Prior to your vehicle boarding the ship, it will need to pass an inspection. Typically, this inspection is only done for cars that are not encapsulated. If your vehicle will not be in a container, make sure to remove any personal belongings. Call the Embassy of Libya to see what restrictions apply to cars entering the country.
Documents You Must Bring.
- Proof of Ownership.
- Shipping Invoice.
- Auto Insurance Records.
- Proof that you have owned the vehicle for at least 6 months.
- Proof of Residency.
Types of Transport.
RO/RO – The roll on roll off method is the most widely used shipping solution. With this type of transport, your vehicle will be secured to the deck of the ship. In order to prevent theft, make sure to lock your vehicle. If your vehicle has an alarm system, make sure to disable it so that it does not cause a disturbance onboard.
Container – Container shipping means exactly what it sounds like. Your car will be placed inside of a 20 to 40ft. container and hoisted onto the deck of the ship. This type of shipping offers the shipper ultimate peace of mind because it is the most secure. If you are relocating to Libya permanently, consider this type of transport.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- What Makes Us Better?