What Can I Expect from the Shipping Company I Hire to Deliver My Car to Romania?
To ensure the safe and timely delivery of your car, it is wise to stay on top of things. There is a lot entailed with any overseas shipping process.
By creating a checklist, you can stay on task and keep track of all that you have left to do before the day your car ships to Romania
A-1 Auto Transport ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Car Shipping Companies’ Responsibilities.
- Start researching international transport companies several months before you would like the vehicle shipped out. Make sure that they have a good reputation by reading the reviews left online by past customers. Check the companies’ websites for their contact information and history within the industry.
- Decide on a transport method that suits your circumstances and makes you feel comfortable about the automobile’s future travels. A customer representative of the company should be able to help you with your selection if needed.
- Get a hold of the Embassy of Romania for the most recent auto import policy. Write down all of the information given to you. You should allow yourself at least a couple months to prepare for the automobile’s shipping process. You will need to have gathered and presented all required proof to Customs before the vehicle is allowed to be imported. This can take some time.
- Pay all Romanian import taxes and provide the proof to Customs. The taxes you pay will be determined by several factors.
- Prepare the car for transport. Wash the exterior so that no dirt or debris is visible. The interior should also be emptied and cleaned out. Extra weight in the vehicle may cause for higher shipping rates. The fluids and tire pressure will also need to be checked and filled. The fuel tank should be less than ¼ full. Other requests might be made by the shipping company depending on the services purchased.
- Arrange for rides to the terminals or ports. You cannot leave the vehicle at the port once it has arrived in the country. Seaports will not hold a vehicle, so make sure you are present when it is due to arrive.