Moving is a process that can either be challenging or hassle-free. But each of these outcomes are as a result of the effort you put into your moving process. All across America, people move for various reasons with varying outcomes. Most people tend to find moving an uphill task, but despite this, they keep on moving. As a student, you are facing the first of many moves that you will make as an adult. Your move to or from Westfield State University is bound to be successful if you follow the tips and moving advice we shall give you on this page. At A-1 Auto Transport Inc, we have been moving folks all over the country, including Massachusetts , with great success for over twenty years now. Therefore, our advice is backed by years of experience as well as great customer reviews.
How to hack your university move successfully
Moving as a student can prove to be an uphill task, especially since it is probably your first move as an individual. However, these tips should help you move in or out of university without any hassle.
- Find free moving boxes: Moving can be a costly project, therefore if you can find any areas you can save on, go for it. Moving boxes can be repurposed from used furniture boxes, liquor boxes or even appliance boxes. Find these from the respective stores, or even friends and family.
- Pack your closet as is. To save packing time, do not remove your clothes from their hangers. Simply cover them with plastic wrapping while on the hangers and lay them in your luggage or packing boxes.
- Create a moving schedule: This will help you to plan different tasks around your moving calendar so that you do not get overwhelmed at the end. Tasks like cleaning out the fridge, defrosting it and so on can easily be forgotten if not planned out early enough.
Why you should consider hiring a moving company
Hiring a professional moving company might seem way out of your depth, especially financially. However, here are some reasons why it would be a good idea to hire professional movers.
- Saves you money: Professional movers prove to be more cost effective since they come with everything that you will need for your move. Furthermore, they come with all the tools and equipment for your move so you do not have to worry about extra hiring costs.
- No multiple trips: Professional moving companies will provide you with a truck that will fit all your items in only one trip, saving you time and the extra fuel cost. No one enjoys moving all day and night.
- They are organized: It is very important that your packed items are in the correct boxes and are placed in the right rooms during unloading to make unpacking easier. You can count on professional movers to do this.
What to consider when hiring a moving company
Hiring a moving company is a process that must be done with utmost care to prevent hiring a scam . Here are some aspects that you need to look out for as you are hiring a moving company.
- A successful track record: A company that has been in operation for a few years should leave a trail of reviews behind it; both good and bad. Check online for these reviews and settle on a company with good reviews over a long period of time.
- Experience: It is important that you settle on a moving company that has been in existence for a good number of years. This is because experience is a vital ingredient for a smooth move.
- License and Insurance: Never move with a company whose license and insurance details are not clear, valid or up to date. You can check this database to find out if the unique US DOT number of the company you are looking at is up to date.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
Our moving services
At A-1 Auto Transport Inc, we have a wide array of moving services. Some of them include, dorm arrangement, pool table transport, furniture disassembly and reassembly, apartment moving, full service moves, professional moving estimates, moving advice and auto transport. We also offer relocation services both locally and internationally, coast to coast and interstate as well as nationwide.
Benefits of moving with us
We are a fully licensed and insured moving services provider with a wealth of experience spanning over 20 years in the moving business. Furthermore, we are a fully accredited business by professional bodies such as the American Moving and Storage Association as well as ProMover.
Call us today
You can reach us via 888-509-3213 for all your moving needs, or by filling out the form at the top of this page.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.