Westbury Long Distance Moving Companies
When preparing to move in or out of Westbury, you want the process to be as smooth as possible and we are here to make it happen. Based in New York, we offer a wide range of unbeatable services to our clients. We listen to and understand your needs so as to tailor services just for you. Make your reservation now to enjoy moving with experts. We also relocate vehicles.
Top house moving tips
- A good plan takes into account the cost of moving. Moving without a clear breakdown of the expenses can easily drain your bank account.
- Any bottles or containers with fluids should be sealed properly to prevent leakages. Simply open the lid and place cling wrap on the opening and screw back the lid. Place the bottles or containers in plastic bags just in case they break during transit.
- Pack early to avoid the last minute rush. Be sure to have plenty of boxes, labels, sealing tape and bubble wrap. Start with those rooms you don’t use often and pack the bedroom and kitchen last.
- If you have pets, talk to your movers to find out if they offer pet transport. Alternatively, you can travel with them if you’re driving. But you will need to find out the rules governing pet transport in the city or state of your choice so that you can prepare well.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
The importance of hiring a professional moving company
- Saves money and effort. With the services provided by a professional moving company, you don’t have to look elsewhere. They send experts to assess your stuff so they can provide an accurate estimate. You only pay a fixed amount for the services and there are no hidden charges. You save yourself the effort of hassling for trucks, packing supplies and people to help you move.
- Convenience. There are a lot of activities waiting for you on moving day and with the limited time available, you won't be able to achieve your goals. However, when you hire a professional moving company, there will be no delays. They plan your move professionally and have the resources to expedite the process. Your items will be transported in specially designed trucks and delivered without a scratch.
- Reliability. Your friends can promise to help you move but fail to show up on moving day. Frustration and disappointment are sure to set in. But unlike your friends, professional movers will keep their word and deliver on their promises. The contract you sign is binding and the movers have to honor it.
- Your safety. If you have heavy and bulky items, leave it to the professionals. They are trained to lift and carry items of any size or shape through tight spaces or narrow corridors. They have special equipment that makes it easy to load and unload household items. You will be safe and your items will be delivered intact.
How to choose a reputable moving company
- Check the license and registration of your moving company with the FMCSA. Long distance movers must have a USDOT Number clearly displayed on their trucks while in-state movers must be licensed by the New York Department of Transportation.
- Look for a reputable source where you can read online reviews of the company you intend to hire. Getting insights from other people’s viewpoints gives you a clearer picture of the company you’re dealing with. A company with many positive reviews and good ratings shows confidence in its services.
- Only work with a company that has a physical office. It is easier to make a complaint knowing where you can find them. You can also pay a visit to their facilities and observe how they operate ongoing moves. Find out if they have standard equipment and well-maintained trucks to handle a move effectively.
We offer the following specialized services
- Residential moving
- Corporate moving
- Vehicle transport
- Military relocation
- Long distance moving
- Furniture relocation
- International moves
- Door to door moving
Why hire us?
With branches in over 20 states, our services cover a wide geographical region to ensure more people have access to top-notch and affordable moving services. We treat our clients in a professional manner and offer free consultation. Our specialists will handle your belongings with utmost care and even help you unpack. With A-1 Auto Transport, your move will be fast, efficient and secure.
Get in touch
Thousands of customers trust us for prompt and accurate deliveries. To join our growing customer base, call us on 888-509-3213. Grab your free moving estimates by filling out the form at the top of this page.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.