Safe And Reliable West Virginia Car Shipping Services By A-1 Auto Transport
West Virginia is the area of the country to which people refer when they talk about Appalachia. This is because of the way that the Appalachian Mountains sprawl throughout the state, creating some of the most beautiful scenery in the country, particularly when the leaves change colors in the fall. Charleston is the biggest city in the state; however, those that come to West Virginia don’t necessarily come to be cooped up in the city. They would rather enjoy perusing the mountains and enjoying the fresh air and stunning natural scenery that you can’t necessarily see in the city.
However, you will need a vehicle to get where you want to go and in doing so, you don’t want to have to incur the expense of renting a car. This, in turn, means shipping your vehicle to wherever you are in West Virginia so you can glimpse everything this state has to offer. And there is plenty to do here, including hiking, biking, white water rafting, skiing, hunting, fishing and more. There are caves around the state, which allow for exploration, and numerous parks in which you can explore the unique flora and fauna of the area.
Cost & Time To Ship Your Car Examples
|Shipping To/From||Cost||Distance||Estimated Time In Transit|
|Columbus to Charleston||$163||163 miles||1 -2 days|
|Charleston to Philadelphia||$467||467 miles||2 - 4 days|
|Atlanta to Charleston||$376||501 miles||2 - 4 days|
|Charleston to New York||$398||530 miles||2 - 4 days|
|Illinois to West Virginia||$451||601 miles||3 - 5 days|
|West Virginia to Florida||$680||907 miles||3 - 5 days|
|Louisiana to West Virginia||$618||1030 miles||4 - 6 days|
|West Virginia to San Antonio||$847||1412 miles||4 - 6 days|
|Las Vegas to West Virginia||$1095||2189 miles||6 - 8 days|
|Charleston to Seattle||$1014||2535 miles||7 - 9 days|
|California to West Virginia||$1017||2543 miles||7 - 9 days|
*Prices and times are estimated. They can vary depending on the season and what type of vehicle you are shipping.
Car Shipping Companies Near Me
Looking for auto transport companies near you in West Virginia? If you have recently purchased a car in another state and need to get it to your home in West Virginia, we are here to help you do that. We will work with you and the seller to load your new car safely and transport it to you as fast as possible. You will want to speak to our team of professionals who will plan this journey from start to finish.
Using West Virginia Car Transport Companies
When you are looking to book West Virginia car transport services, keep a few key tips in mind.
- Remove car accessories: Make sure to remove any accessories from your car before shipping it to ensure that nothing is damaged en route. The auto shipping company will likely make you take this step before dropping your car off and leaving it in their care.
- Consider supplemental insurance: Yes, you have your own insurance and the West Virginia auto shipping company does as well; however, you may want to purchase a supplemental policy that fills in the gaps between what your personal carrier covers and what is offered by your shipping company of choice.
- Research the company of your choice: Before you choose a particular company, make sure to do some research first to ensure that the company in question is one that you want to do business with, from their customer service policies to their rates.
Visit the West Virginia Department of Transportation website for more information on West Virginia and the plentiful opportunities in which it can offer those visiting or relocating to the state.
Long Distance Auto Transport to/from West Virginia
Your long distance auto shipping options should be explained and discussed with your auto transport company. However, in summary, the main differences lie in the amount of money you are willing to invest in the transport and your requirements.
For example, using terminals and open carriers will lower your costs. However, if you live a remote area of your state, terminals may not be an option. If you’re in a hurry, the slightly more expensive enclosed carriers will deliver your car faster. It all depends on what you need or prefer for your service.
International Auto Transport from/to West Virginia
When moving, especially to another country, most people lack the time to ship their cars as well.
However, with the help of an auto transport company, you waste almost no time at all.
Our company takes care of the entire shipment. We take the car through customs, get it on a ship if necessary and do whatever it takes to bring it to its destination. Your only responsibilities are to call our office, discuss your transport, prepare some documents we’ll need to get your car through customs and sign the contract.
Cheap Car Transportation Options in West Virginia
Factors which influence your auto transportation bill are the type of shipment you pick, your location, the season, etc. Fortunately, you can start reducing possible costs if you follow these steps:
First, ask the company to send an open carrier, not an enclosed one. Enclosed carriers have a few extra features, like protection against the elements and white glove service, so they’re more expensive to book.
Avoid door to door services if you can. If possible, take your car to a terminal. It’s a much cheaper alternative.
Finally, if time is not an issue, schedule your transport for a colder season, since that’s when our seasonal offerings take effect. A1 Auto Transport also gives a discount to seniors, students, and military personnel. If you qualify, make sure you mention your status.
Shipping Luxury and Classic Cars in West Virginia
Shipping luxury or exotic cars in West Virginia is best accomplished with an enclosed auto carrier. The same applies for antique or classic vehicles. The reasons for this are the extra protection offered by such carriers from road debris and theft, the white glove service, regular updates during transport, and a speedy delivery thanks to less cars being transported with the same trailer.
Enclosed auto carriers come in 2 forms: single car auto carriers and multiple car auto carriers. Unless you’ve got more than one vehicle to transport, for the best and fastest service, we recommend the single car version. Although it’s more expensive, there’s no chance of your luxury, exotic, classic, or antique vehicle bumping into another if its traveling alone. The delivery time is also much faster.
West Virginia Special Discounts
You can benefit from special discounts depending on the time of year you require our services. Due to this, we recommend you call us and plan accordingly. You’ll also be able to transport your car at a cheaper price if you’re a student, a senior, or part of the military. You can inquire about these discounts by calling our Virginia office directly.
Auto Transport Safety Measures in West Virginia
When using a large company like A1 Auto Transport, there’s no need to worry about safety. Our carriers are modern, equipped with straps to lock in vehicles, and have with beams to protect them from outside forces. They are verified regularly and maintained, so they’re in perfect condition.
Each route is planned out in details, to avoid bad neighborhoods and roads. If something does happen to your automobile, you benefit from insurance, so you can recover your losses. This insurance may not cover all situations, so if you want to be as safe as possible, we recommend speaking to your insurance company for more.
Services And Information
Get a free, no obligation to buy, price quote for your shipment.Get my free quote now
or call us to do it for you:
How to Request a Price Estimate
If you’re shipping a vehicle to or from West Virginia and would like a quote, please use the quote calculator on this page. You can find it by scrolling up to the top. There’s some basic information you’ll have to provide, like the drop off and pickup locations, which should take you around 5 minutes.
Another way to obtain an estimate is by using our official phone number. You can find it near the form, at the top. One of our employees will answer and provide you with an estimate. If you have certain requests, such as fast delivery or lower costs, let him know since he may be able to help you.
West Virginia Auto Transport Companies Directory
Angel's Auto Transport
Angel’s Auto Transport provides affordable auto shipping for personal contracts as well as dealer fleets.
St. Albans, WV
Falcon Transport Co
Situated in Weirton, this locally-owned and operated shipping company offers competitive rates and a diverse range of services.
422 Cove Road, Weirton, WV
West Virginia's Vehicle Registration Process
All cars should be registered personally at the local office in West Virginia. You must possess your driver's license, title, application form (filled out), and pay any applicable fees.
You must register and secure a title for your car at the WVDOT in 30 calendar days if you intend to move to West Virginia.
You need to submit the following details when you register and title your vehicle:
- The registration and the vehicle's title (outside the state).
- Certificate of residency.
- An application form for a Title Certificate.
- Vehicle insurance details.
- You must pay any associated fees for titling and registration.
You have 10 calendar days after the completion of the titling or registration to have your vehicle inspected.
Registering a Vehicle in WV
The process of registering a vehicle in WV differs according to whether you purchase a car from a private individual or from a dealership.
Car bought from a dealership
Dealerships in WV are obliged to submit complete titling and registration papers, including taxes and fees. If you plan to trade a WV car, you may qualify for a fee deduction when you buy a new vehicle.
Car bought from outside the state
Few dealerships outside of WV are able to process your papers for registration. However, if this service is not offered, proceed to a WVDOT station and submit:
- Your vehicle's certificate of origin.
- A sales invoice including the actual price of your vehicle.
- An application form for a title certificate for the vehicle.
- Payment of any applicable fees.
WV does not practice reciprocity arrangements together with other states. The state requires a payment for state taxes even it has been paid already in a different state. Your vehicle must be evaluated in 10 calendar days upon its arrival in West Virginia.
Cars bought from a private individual
A buyer is required to process all papers once a vehicle is purchased from a private individual. He needs to proceed to a local WVDOT station and submit these details:
- The title of the vehicle (The buyer and the seller must affix their signatures on the back; the seller needs to include the address if it's outside the state. An odometer statement is required if the vehicle is no more than a decade old).
- An application form for a title certificate (Vehicles less than a decade old are required to include the odometer statement indicated by the previous owner on the document).
- The applicable fees must be paid.
If no inspection sticker is seen on the vehicle, an inspection is required within 3 calendar days after the registration and titling process.
Vehicle Registration for WV Military Forces
- WV military forces (residents): WV residents who work for the military need to follow the registration process listed above.
- WV residents assigned outside the state: The law permits WS residents to keep the registration within the state when assigned outside the state or outside the country. If a military member purchases a car while on service and decides to process the registration in WV, he must contact the WVDOT for specific details.
- For non-residents assigned in WV: Military members who are not residents of WV need not register their cars in the state. However, if they do plan to register a vehicle, they simply need to follow the usual registration process.
Vehicle Registration Charges
All fees associated with registration, taxes, and titling are collected upon the registration and application of the vehicle title. However, if a car is bought from a WV car dealership, the following fees are included:
- Registration (includes standard a plate fee of 51.50 US dollars and a standard motorcycle fee of 16 US dollars. The fee for trucks depends on the weight of the vehicle).
- Duplicate plate for a registration card fee of 10 US dollars.
- Duplicate plate fee of 10.50 US dollars.
WV does not practice reciprocity arrangements with other states. Payment of WV taxes is required even if it has been made in a previous state.
Vehicle Inspection in West Virginia
It is not required to have a vehicle inspected prior to registration in WV. However, an inspection is required after you register the car, for legal purposes.
A yearly safety inspection is required for all types of vehicles in West Virginia. Requirements depend on where and when you got the vehicle.
New residents of WV
If you just recently moved to West Virginia, you are given 10 calendar days after the registration to have your vehicle inspected at a local WV Police station. If you’ve completed a vehicle inspection with one of the states below, West Virginia will honour the validity of the inspection until the expiration date:
- New York,
- New Hampshire,
Cars bought in another state
You will be given 10 calendar days to have your vehicle inspected if you purchase a vehicle from another state.
Cars bought in WV
You need to have your vehicle inspected for safety in 3 calendar days after its registration if you’ve bought it in the state (If the vehicle does not include a valid safety certification sticker).
Safety evaluation stickers are valid until they reach the expiry date. Be sure to check the expiry date of the sticker.
- Emissions inspection: Emissions tests are not required in West Virginia. However, the state recommends individuals to do this on their own.
- Replacement of lost license plates or registration certificates: If you need to replace a lost, destroyed, or damaged license plate or registration, you must replace it immediately and report to the WV Police Department right away.
- License plates in West Virginia: You will be issued standard license plates upon the completion of your registration and title application process. If you plan to get special plates, keep your standard license plates while waiting for the new ones.
Other West Virginia Resources
West Virginia.gov - official government website for the state of West Virginia.
West Virginia Wikipedia Page - everything you need to know about the state of West Virginia.
University Of West Virginia - From a Morgantown school with a college enrollment of six, to today’s university with more than 35,000 students at campuses around the state, West Virginia University has undergone an amazing transformation since opening its doors in 1867.
West Virginia On Craigslist - local classifieds and forums for jobs, housing, for sale, personals, services, local community, and events.