Best West Virginia Long Distance & Interstate Moving Companies
It can be tempting to handle a move by yourself. You gather all your boxes and pack all your belongings up neatly by room. You managed to sucker a few friends into volunteering to help with the promise of free pizza. Someone in your family agreed to lend you their pickup truck. Moving day is here and you are excited to get started… until you realize what a giant pain in the neck it is going to be. The couch won’t fit through the door. The television stand is too heavy. You banged up a few walls and scraped up a couple of floors with the very first table you attempted to move. It isn’t even noon and you are ready to curl up into a corner and have a good cry. Don’t worry, we’ve all been there. If that doesn’t sound like a whole lot of fun to you, it might be a good idea to hire a West Virginia moving company with a great rep to do the lifting and transporting for you. They know how to get everything out in one piece.
Cost & Time Examples For Interstate Moves
|Detroit to Weirton||187 miles||$2,071- $2,568||$3,960- $5,678||1-2|
|Weirton to Philadelphia||294 miles||$2,196- $2,729||$4,224- $6,072||2-4|
|Chicago to Weirton||395 miles||$2,340- $2,919||$4,536- $6,542||2-4|
|Charleston to NY||451 miles||$2,576- $3,230||$5,061- $7,342||2-4|
|Charleston to Memphis||518 miles||$2,532- $3,169||$4,945- $7,150||2-4|
|Huntington to Houston||965 miles||$3,116- $3,927||$6,184- $8,996||3-5|
|Miami to Weirton||1014 miles||$3,218- $4,061||$6,406- $9,330||4-6|
|Denver to Weirton||1290 miles||$3,442- $4,354||$6,888- $10,050||4-6|
|Charleston to LA||2067 miles||$4,326- $5,506||$8,780- $12,879||6-8|
|Seattle to Charleston||2129 miles||$4,425- $5,634||$8,987- $13,188||6-8|
*Prices and times are estimated. They can vary depending on the season and the contents of the home. Prices do not include packing.
Estimated Weight (based on home size): 1BR=2600 lbs - 3900 lbs 2BR=3900 lbs - 5200 lbs 3BR=6500 lbs - 9100 lbs 4BR=9100 lbs - 14300 lbs 5BR=11700 lbs - 19500 lbs
Choosing Your West Virginia Long Distance Movers
Any time you do business with a moving company, you should research them carefully. Here are a couple of things you should be looking at.
- Check reviews online: You should always research a company you plan on doing business with online. Sites like Yelp can be helpful.
- How much experience does this company have: It is better to work with movers that have been in the business for years. A company with more experience is better able to handle any issues.
- Federally registered: Interstate movers must be registered with the Federal government and have a U.S. DOT number.
- Will I be protected in the event of damages: Some moving companies insure your belongings for the full replacement value or their depreciated value, but the law only requires moving companies to insure only $0.60 per pound.
- Extra services available: Many moving companies will offer additional services to make moving with them even easier such as packing and unpacking services. You should see what is available and how much extra it will cost.
- How easy can you contact them: If there is an issue, you want to be able to ensure that you can reach the company. Hiring a business with a local office can be helpful.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
Our Moving Services
- Commercial and office relocations
- Residential apartment and house moving
- Military relocations
- Door to door moving
- Full service packing and unpacking, including packing materials
- State to state, coast to coast, local and long distance moving
- Heavy and specialized furniture moving. Piano moving, pool table moving, etc.
- Auto transport services (Vehicle Relocations)
- Cheap West Virginia movers
How Much Will It Cost To Hire My West Virginia Long Distance Movers?
Your costs will vary depending on your particular needs and situation. There are many different factors that go into the final cost. It will, of course, be cheaper to move across town than it will be to move across the country. There will also be charges based upon how many things you are moving, how much it weighs, the cost of fuel, etc. You can compare quotes by calling different companies for a free estimate.
Signing a Mover Contract
- All services and their accompanying costs should be listed clearly on your agreement.
- Ensure that the addresses that are listed for both the house you are moving to and the one you are moving from are correct.
- Check the policy on damages. Will they cover the required $0.60 per pound or do they cover more?
- Any valuables such as jewelry should be kept with you.
- Ask for a copy of the mover’s inventory sheet. Note the condition of your items that they have listed on it.
- Some homeowner’s insurance policies cover items damaged during a move. You should check with you agent to see if yours does.
International Moving Services in West Virginia
Moving companies take into account your destination and your current location, your items, their amount, how fragile they are, how to best place them in the van/container, etc. Through this meticulous planning, we reduce the chances of mistakes, accidents, and broken furniture.
Considering the length involved in an international move, items that aren't packed or strapped well enough will inevitably break. If you don't want such an expensive disaster to fall upon you, then working with a professional company is the safest way. Our team can help whenever you call us. Depending on the situation, there may even be a discount available.
West Virginia Cross Country Movers for Hire
Central Van & Storage
301 Jacobson Dr. # B
Poca, WV 25159
Lambert Transfer Company
291 Harris Dr.
Poca, WV 2159
Accedia Moving & Storage LLC
West Virginia Storage Facility Directory
Whirlwind Storage Charleston
1352 Hansford St.
Charleston, WV 25302
West Side Mini Storage
607 Park Ave.
Charleston, WV 25302
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.