West Helena Long Distance Moving Companies
There is a lot involved in long distance relocations than meets the eye. The process may get so overwhelming that you miss out on some very important steps. We are professional movers who serve in West Helena and Arkansas at large. If you follow this guide to the letter, your move to West Helena will be stress free. We also relocate vehicles.
Tips to make your move easier
Eight weeks to moving day
- This is the best time to sort out what you need vs. what’s outgrown its usefulness. Sell, purge or donate the items you do not intend to relocate with.
- Purchase a binder where you can safely keep all the relevant paperwork associated with your move to West Helena. The binder will contain your moving checklist, realtors’ information and estimates of moving companies among others.
- If your pantry and fridge are fully stocked no need to shop more. Your goal is to finish up most of your reserved food to minimize on wastage. Start using the perishables first as you work your way to canned goods.
- Book a moving company.
Six weeks to moving day
- Start stocking up on moving materials and packing supplies. This will include boxes, markers, labels and the like. The boxes should be of medium size and firm. You can source this from Craigslist’s free section, stores, or from friends and family. Remember to also purchase covers for your mattresses and furniture.
Four weeks to moving day
- It's time to begin packing now that you have all the requisite materials. Since you have a month left in your house, start with the non-essentials. For instance if you are moving during the summer you can pack winter clothes seeing as they are out of season. This can be followed by Christmas and Halloween decorations. Clearly label all the boxes to make it easy to identify when unpacking. Have a detailed inventory of what each box contains.
- You also need to notify relevant parties of your new address. These include your children’s school, newspaper vendor, the post office as well as the landlord. Take note that the latter is subject to the terms in the lease agreement. Some landlords require a three months notice while others a month’s notice will suffice.
Two weeks to moving day
- Confirm the date with your movers.
- Finish up on most of the packing paying extra attention to delicate items like glassware.
A week to moving day
- Ensure you make arrangements to have your utilities switched from your old house to your new home on moving day. This includes electricity, landline, water, cable and gas.
- Pack your car
- Double check your inventory
- Defrost the freezer
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
Why you need a professional moving company
A Do-It -Yourself move will demand a lot of time and energy. You’d be required to look for supplies, pack, find a van, load, unload as well as drive for hours on end to your new home. There’s simply a lot to be done and too little time. Compare this with professional movers who have all the knowledge and equipment to ensure your move is done in less than two days. The move will be fast, efficient and most importantly damage free.
How to find the best moving company
This is perhaps the single most important task that will determine whether or not your move is successful. Not all movers in West Helena that speak highly of themselves can actually hold up their end of the bargain. Here is how to separate the chaff from grain.
- Ensure the movers are registered with the department of transportation.
- Only go for movers with high ratings and reviews on BBB.
- Check if they offer special services like piano moving and door to door service.
- Do not be tricked by cheap quotes. They usually have hidden costs.
- The movers have to be experienced.
Our moving services
- Local and Long Distance Moving
- State to State and Cross Country Moving
- Residential and Commercial Moving
- Heavy Furniture - Example: Pool Table and Piano Moving
- Door to Door Moving
- International Relocations
- Full Service Packing and Unpacking
- Moving Storage Solutions
- Packaging Materials and Solutions
- Military and Student Moving
- Same day movers
- Office Relocations
- Apartment and Studio Relocations
- Vehicle Relocations
- Cheap West Helena movers
Why A-1 Auto Transport?
We are experienced movers who have served both corporations and individual customers. Both of these groups have been impressed with our high quality of services and affordable prices. What more could you want?
Reserve your spot now!
If you are planning a move to or from West Helena, kindly contact our experts on our toll free line 888-509-3213. Don’t forget to get free estimates by filling out the form at the top of this page.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.