The city of Weed is located at the base of the sleepy volcanic Mount Shasta in Siskiyou County, California. Contrary to popular belief the town is actually named after Abner Weed who was a pioneer in the city's lumber industry. The city started off as a lumbering town although the economy has now diversified and tourism is the major earner. There are also light industries that have come up and further opened up the area for business. There are lots of activities to enjoy in this city. You can take in the beautiful surroundings that make up the landscape, enjoy swimming, fishing, and boating in the lakes, take scenic drives through the reserves as you watch the wildlife and revel in the local art scene and the friendly local communities.
If you are interested in shipping cars to or from Weed for business or pleasure, get in touch with A-1 Auto Transport for the best services and affordable rates. We are one of the largest shipping companies in the United States. We specialize in getting items delivered to our clients both efficiently and on-time. Ship with us today and experience the best that the industry has to offer.
Cost & Time To Ship Your Car Examples
|Shipping To/From||Cost||Distance||Estimated Time In Transit|
|Weed to San Francisco||$284||284 miles||2 - 4 days|
|Portland to Weed||$351||351 miles||2 - 4 days|
|Weed to Los Angeles||$459||613 miles||3 - 5 days|
|Weed to Helena||$675||900 miles||3 - 5 days|
|Weed to Albuquerque||$740||1234 miles||4 - 6 days|
|Houston to Weed||$1079||2158 miles||6 - 8 days|
|Kansas City to Weed||$1087||1812 miles||5 - 7 days|
|Weed to New York||$1167||2919 miles||7 - 9 days|
*Prices and times are estimated. They can vary depending on the season and what type of vehicle you are shipping.
Areas we ship to or from Weed
With only 4.8 miles to cover, we can get your shipment to any corner of the city in no time. We rely on a database of well-researched routes that cover the whole area to know which routes to use at certain times in order to avoid traffic snarl-ups. We often use Interstate 5 and U.S. Route 97 when we are shipping cars to or from Weed.
Other surrounding cities that we also deliver to include Shasta Lake, Ashland, Redding, Klamath Falls, Altamont, Medford, Anderson, Central Point, Grants Pass, Red Bluff, Arcata, Eureka, Fortuna, Susanville, and Magalia.
Finding an auto shipper that provides a wide variety of shipping options under one roof is very difficult but at A-1 Auto Transport, that's what we do. All our services are designed with our customers' needs in mind. Some of them include:
- Shipping heavy equipment. We are capable of shipping industrial sized equipment to any location in the world. We understand the intricacies of shipping bulky equipment. Our staff is experienced and qualified enough to take on any job.
- Moving services. Whether you are moving abroad or locally, we are the company to partner with. Our staff is disciplined and well-equipped to handle your household items. We will ensure that you are comfortably set up in your new apartment in the shortest time possible.
- Warehousing and storage facilities. We have thought of every possible scenario that might occur during the shipping process. In the event that you are not capable of picking up your shipment once it has been delivered to a terminal, we are capable of housing it for you until you pick it up. We offer refrigerated storage facilities for people with items that are temperature sensitive.
- Open-air transport. This is one of our popular and most affordable services. Your vehicle will be placed and secured on the back of a flatbed or an open-sided carrier and shipped to its destination.
Types of vehicles that we ship
We are capable of shipping any type of road legal vehicle that you may have. Some of the ones that we often ship include sports utility vehicles, recreational vehicles, motorhomes, all-terrain vehicles, golf carts, luxury vehicles, trucks, electric cars, boats, yachts, salvaged vehicles, non-operational vehicles and many others. You can count on us to get the job done.
How to prepare your vehicle for shipping
- Remove any custom installations such as DVD players and GPS navigation systems from your vehicle. This is to reduce the chances of them being damaged or stolen.
- Take out all your personal belongings from the car.
- Clean your vehicle so that you may have a clear view of any damages. Take photos of the damages to serve as evidence in case you need compensation from the auto shipper.
- Make sure your vehicle is properly serviced.
- Deactivate all toll tags and parking passes.
- Make sure you have copies of your car keys.
- Disable your vehicle's alarm system.
Partner with us
When you ship with us, you are guaranteed your vehicle's safety and timely delivery. We bring years of experience and a well-equipped staff. You can count on us to provide a hassle-free shipping experience.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.