If you are interested in having a great move, then one of your top rules should be to keep your movers happy. Not only will they make your day easier, but it saves you from all the back breaking work of loading everything onto the truck and then off the truck…after you have already likely spent days or even weeks gathering everything together and packing, organizing, and a thousand other things. Here are some ways to keep your movers happy.
Clarity Before The Move
The clearer you are before moving day comes, the happier everyone will be. This means making a list of the things you will pack yourself and everything you would like the movers to pack for you. This avoids having anyone go through sealed boxes or any other confusion about what needs to be packed and when.
Have all the boxes properly labeled before your movers come. Do this according to which room it will be going to in the new location. Mark everything as appropriate, including fragile or top load only to give them a heads up (and to help save your delicate items). If you are going to be doing all the packing yourself, have this finished before they come, with everything organized so that the work can start right away.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Starting The Move
Double check that everything is ready, all the boxes are properly packed and loaded, etc… Be present during the move in order to answer any last minute questions your movers might have. Your supervision will also ensure everything is carried out as you intend, rather than having to rely on someone else.
Let your movers know the time frame you are working with. Tell them when you must be out of your old your home so that they are not surprised by any hard and fast rush request. Also, give them all the important information needed, including:
- Address of new location
- Time frame for delivering your goods
- Date you need your items delivered
- Phone number (yours!) in case the movers get lost or make a wrong turn along the way
At Your New Home
Be sure to have someone on hand at the new location in order to greet the movers. It would not be right to keep them waiting. Not only would they not be happy, they would probably charge you for the wasted time.
Have a floor plan of your new home or apartment before the unloading begins. This way, everyone will know exactly where everything goes and it makes everything as smooth as possible. Of course, it is also a good idea to keep all kids and pets out of the way while everything is being brought into your new home/apartment.
Inspect everything before you make the payment or sign any additional documents. Obviously, you should also be prepared with acceptable payment methods. It would not make for happy movers if they are made to wait while you scramble around to the bank or wherever in order to get the money needed to pay them.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?