In the heart of a vibrant city of Detroit stands Wayne State University (WSU)—the third largest university in Michigan with about 13 schools and colleges offering more than 350 programs to over 27,000 undergraduate and graduate students. Founded in 1868, WSU is ranked among the top research centers in the US. Join this premier research university that serves a diverse body of inspired students. Moving to or from WSU with your belongings could be the greatest source of distress. A-1 Auto Transport offers full moving and shipping services to and/or from WSU and makes your move an awesome experience.
Tips on how to make your WSU move easier
If you are looking to move to or from WSU, keep these key tips in mind.
- Plan ahead: Moving to campus for the first time comes with a lot of activities to do from booking an on-campus or off campus apartment, registration, packing and so on. Coming up with a list of tasks to do and a timeframe can save you a lot of time and energy. You don’t want to pile up work.
- Book an apartment or dorm early: This should be at the top of your plan. Booking an apartment or dorm early helps you determine what to move with, what not to carry and how to carry them. WSU is at the center of a populous Detroit City. You can decide to rent an apartment outside the campus or live on campus. Check the housing options available.
- Get your moving boxes: Moving boxes can be costly. Finding cheap or free moving boxes can save you some money by reducing the moving cost. Visit furniture stores and request for free used boxes at least one or two weeks in advance. Check out where you can get free moving boxes. Utilize your suitcases, garment bags, laundry baskets and garbage cans.
- Pack smart and early: You don’t want to end up carrying a lot of household items that you will not use. It will only unnecessarily increase your moving expenses. Pack the most important items that you are sure you will need during the semester. If it is something that you may need later, you can go back for it during the breaks. Pack different items every day to avoid last-minute rush. You don’t want to break your delicate items, damage your valuables or forget essential goods.
- Hire a moving company: Moving your household goods on your own may take longer than you expected and be more costly in the end. You can also lose some boxes, valuable items can get damaged, and the weather may not cooperate. Hiring a mover can save you a lot of time and hassle.
Why you need a professional moving company for your WSU move
- Your goods are insured; therefore you have no worries about damages and loss.
- You save a lot of time which you can use to do other tasks.
- They offer you a wide range of services, which may be customized to fit your unique needs.
- The moving process with a professional mover stands a higher chance of being successful due to their experience.
How to find the best university moving company
You can start by asking family members and friends to refer you to the company they have used before. You can trust a referral about a moving company from someone you know. Based on their experiences, you can pick the best university mover. If none of your family members or friends has moved to WSU lately, you can inquire from the locals who work with moving companies or search online for the best WSU mover. Customer reviews and feedback from non-commercial or independent sites can be of great help. You can visit Better Business Bureau to find out more about the companies.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
Our moving services
At A-1 Auto Transport, we understand that WSU students should enjoy student life and focus solely on their studies. Moving with goods comes with a lot of tasks and might deny you peace of mind. We offer you the following services:
- Full service moving from packing, loading, unpacking and arranging your dorm or apartment.
- We safely transport all kinds of household goods from your most valuable to the heavy weight furniture and pool table.
- We offer moving advice to WSU students.
- We offer moving storage to first timers, current students and alumni of WSU.
Why A-1 Auto Transport Inc?
For over 20 years, A-1 Auto Transport has helped current students and alumni of WSU to move locally, from state to state, nationally, and internationally and these students always refer their friends and relatives to us. We don’t just move your goods; we pack, load, unload and unpack them for you upon arrival. We also clean the house and eventually arrange your items neatly and carefully in your new apartment. Yours is just to watch and relax in your new apartment, enjoying a cup of hot coffee or ice-cream.
Our greatest concern is customer satisfaction which makes us prioritize on the safety of your household goods and valuable items. Hire us today and experience the safest and most exciting move to or from WSU.
Fill out our online form to get a free door to door service estimate. Talk to our friendly team on 888-509-3213 or visit our website on a1autotransport.com/services.