Moving requires a lot of preparation as well as organization in order to achieve a successful and seamless process. Most people however skip these important steps of moving and end up having a rough time on moving day. When asked, these people consider moving a daunting process which they would rather not have to endure again. Whatever the reasons that make people move, the moving process itself largely remains the same. Therefore, as you get ready for your student move to or from Wayne State College in Nebraska, be sure that you follow our moving advice to have a seamless process. We at A1 Auto Transport Inc. have moved thousands of folks over the years in Nebraska and all over the world with great success. Furthermore, we have been in the moving business for over twenty years now, therefore you can trust our word when we give it.
How to move seamlessly in or out of college
Moving as explained earlier has a number of tasks which you need to be prepared for adequately to avoid stress. In fact, the leading cause of moving day stress is lack of adequate preparation. Below are a few other tips to note in order to have a seamless student move.
- Make a list: A comprehensive moving list should contain all the items you want to move with. You can download a template from the internet and fill in your items, or you can create your own list from scratch. The main benefit of doing this is to ensure you leave nothing behind and have everything accounted for.
- Consider what you need: The most basic items that you need should make their way first onto this list. Such items include beddings, shoes, clothes, and an alarm clock which you cannot share with a roommate. Furthermore, focus on only taking with you what you need.
- DIY or professional movers: You should decide early whether you will handle your move by yourself or with the help of a professional moving company. Each of these choices has their pros and cons, which you should consider before deciding.
Benefits of hiring professional movers for your student move
Moving as a student is considered a small move by most people, however, the intricate tasks of moving remain the same. Therefore, it really helps to hire a professional moving company. Below are a few advantages of hiring professional movers.
- Your items are protected: Professional movers are trained on the best practices of packing to ensure even the most fragile item is safe from breakage. Furthermore, you may not have all the extra padding material required to keep your items safe but the movers always do.
- Access to the right tools and equipment: With professional movers, you are sure to have access to all the tools and equipment that you need to make your move smoother. Chances that you may have moving dollies, hoisting straps and ramps lying around in your garage are pretty slim.
How to find the best student moving company
Having established that you need to hire a professional moving company, the next step is how to find the best moving company. Below are a few tips to help you in this process.
- Get references: You can begin by asking people you trust to give you recommendations on a few moving companies. Furthermore, you may inquire from the local realtors who often work with moving companies. You can also go a step further and check the BBB website for companies with high rankings.
- Ask for estimates: A moving estimate should give you a very clear picture of how much your move will cost. Ensure that the company captures every cost of the move including the fuel cost, any overtime by the moving labor and so on.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
Our moving services
At A1 Auto Transport Inc., we have a wide array of moving and relocation services. Some of these services include access to affordable moving companies, full service moves, packing and unpacking services, moving labor for hire, free moving advice, auto transport, specialty transportation of pool tables and many other services. Furthermore, we offer local and long distance moving as well as nationwide and international moving services.
Advantages of moving with us
We are fully licensed and an insured moving services provider with over twenty years of experience. Furthermore, our track record is impressive with high rankings on the Better Business Bureau website. We also have memberships with the American Moving and Storage Association as well as the ProMover.
Call us today
You can reach us via 888-509-3213 for all your moving needs and queries. You may also contact us by filling out the form at the top of this page.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.