Deliver Your Home Stress Free and Have Peace of Mind
- Compare rates for moving to or from Waterloo, Iowa
- Licensed, bonded and insured carriers near you
- Award winning service, always on time
- Get instant quotes using our form, or call now 1-888-509-3213
Waterloo Long Distance Moving Companies
Have you ever wondered why so many people move each year? The reasons are varied but the most common ones are; greener pastures, a change of environment or the need to retire in a peaceful neighborhood. This is an exciting time and we all look forward to finding what’s awaiting us on the other side. If you have a move to Waterloo looming in the horizon, A-1 Auto Transport is here to turn your dream into a reality. Based in Iowa, we offer a wide range of moving services including vehicle transport.
Top 5 moving hacks
- Schedule your move for the middle of the week or middle of the month when the traffic is low. Most moving companies are not busy and the rates are lower.
- Use trash bags to pack your clothes while still in the hangers. This will make unpacking easier and will save you time folding them.
- Use sturdy boxes to pack your belongings. Pack similar items together and avoid overloading your boxes. Make sure everything fits in a box before sealing it using tape.
- Use colored labels to help the movers know which boxes belong to which rooms. Write a detailed description on the side of the boxes and the top so that you can easily identify them when they are stacked.
- Clean your refrigerator and let it dry for at least 24 hours before moving day. Use plastic wrap to bind the refrigerator doors to keep them from opening while in transit.
- Pack cleaning supplies last. You might need them when you arrive at your new house. Keep them in a plastic bag to prevent any leakages from damaging the other items.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
4 reasons why you should hire a professional moving company
- Cost efficient: Paying money to different people and separately hiring a truck and packing supplies will prove costly in the long run. The risk of damaging your items is also high since you don’t know how skilled the people you’re hiring are. But with professional movers, everything is calculated based on factors like distance or weight of your stuff. The movers are trained and you’re certain that your belongings are in safe hands.
- Save time and effort: The moving process can take you a long time to plan and implement. There are a lot of activities involved and having a professional moving company to help you out will save you much time. They are experts in this field and will have you settled within a day or two.
- Spare your friends: Your friends love you very much but when it comes to helping you move, most of them would rather skip the event. It’s not an easy task and hiring a professional moving company will save the day. The movers are trained to handle heavy items and have the right equipment and tools to safely lift and load them into the trucks.
Tips for finding a reliable moving company
Research the moving company you are interested in. Check if they have provided their contact information and direction to their facilities on the website. Find out what people are saying about the company by reading the testimonials.
Ask for the USDOT Number and MC Number so that you can verify them on the FMCSA website. For a company to be licensed, it must comply with the federal and state regulations. The numbers should be displayed on the company trucks and website.
A reputable mover is required to provide you with a copy of ‘Consumer Rights and Responsibilities’ booklet. If they don’t provide you with the booklet you should not hire them. This is a guide that will help you know to expect during and after a move.
Get the estimates of at least three moving companies to help you determine the most affordable one. Make sure you read the fine print of your contract before signing it. If something doesn’t feel right, ask for clarifications.
- Vehicle transport
- Long distance moving
- Interstate moving
- International moves
- Office relocation
- Residential moving
- Corporate moving
- Pet transport
- Storage options
- Cheap Waterloo movers
Why hire us?
We strive to provide high-quality services so that you transition with ease. We use modern equipment and custom-made trucks to make relocation fast and easy. You don’t have to take time off work if you choose our full-service package, we will handle everything. A-1 Auto Transport is a company you can rely on for efficient and affordable moving services.
Get free estimates
Don’t hesitate to call us on 888-509-3213 for any inquiries. To get your free moving estimates, remember to fill out the form at the top of this page.