Washington Long Distance Moving Companies
There are factors you have to consider when preparing for your move including where to source for packing supplies and planning the logistics. While this can be challenging, hiring a professional moving company will simplify the process. A-1 Auto Transport is a highly experienced moving company based in Illinois offering the best moving services at affordable prices. We are here to make your move to Washington a memorable one. We also transport vehicles.
Top moving tips
- Take inventory of your household items. This will help you identify any missing items. Compare this list with that of your mover to confirm if everything is accounted for.
- Get your medical records and make arrangements to have your kids’ school records transferred to your new place. Place important documents in a safe file that you can keep track of.
- Take a photo of how the cables are connected to your electronic devices or label them before unplugging. This way, you’ll have an easy time reconnecting them when you get to your new house.
- Items movers won’t move. There are items moving companies aren’t allowed to move such as fertilizers, explosives, motor oil, polish remover to mention just a few. Plan how you’ll transport or dispose of them.
- Make early reservations to avoid inconveniences. When selecting a moving date, consider moving on a weekday in the middle of the month when most moving companies are less busy. You’ll also be charged less and your move will be fast since there will be no heavy traffic.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
Why you need a professional moving company
- Equipment: The use of the right equipment and gadgets is one benefit of hiring a professional mover. There are household items that are too heavy to move and need the skills of professionals. They use dollies, straps and bubble wrap to protect your items from breaking during the move.
- Experience: Professional movers have years of experience moving house to different destinations. They have resources to expedite your moving process and they must make sure the safety and security of your belongings are guaranteed. They use specially designed trucks that keep your items from shifting while in transit. This ensures your items are delivered in one piece.
- Protection for your items: Since you are moving your possessions, you wouldn’t want anything happening that will damage them. By hiring a professional moving company, your items are protected from damage or loss.
Tips for finding a reputable moving company
- Written estimates. A reputable mover should give you a written estimate for the move indicating how much the move will cost. This only happens when they have sent their experts to assess your household items to come up with an accurate estimate.
- Ask to see the license of the company you are interested in. A mover operating in Illinois is required to obtain a license from the Illinois Commerce Commission. If it’s a long distance move, make sure the company has a valid USDOT Number.
- You want to be sure the staff of the moving company you intend to hire can deal with any situation that may arise en route. Ask how they train their employees and if they screen them. Do not compromise on the quality of moving services you should receive.
- Consider hiring a member of the American Moving and Storage Association. AMSA investigates moving companies before certifying them to ensure they don’t have any criminal records. This way, consumers are protected from falling into the hands of rogue operators.
- Your friends and family members can provide reliable information to help you find a good moving company. At least one of them has moved recently or in the past and their recommendations will help you find a company without having to go through all the hassle.
We handle these services
- Door to door moving
- Military relocation
- Office relocation
- Residential moving
- Commercial moving
- Long distance moving
- Local and international moves
- Pet transport
- Vehicle transport
Why hire us?
We are proud of our reputation as a leader in the moving industry. We are committed to making your move as flawless as possible and our experts are available 24 hours to give you any assistance you need. We use modern equipment to handle your belongings and ensure fast and secure delivery. A-1 Auto Transport is your best solution for stress-free moving.
For more details on our unique services, feel free to call us now on 888-509-3213. Get free instant quotes by completing the form at the top of this page.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.