There are a lot of inexpensive, efficient and safe ways to ship out a motorcycle in Wisconsin. If getting a motorcycle transported to another state is too much of a hassle to do alone, with professional assistance it can be done with no problems.
Find a reputable motorcycle transport company in Wausau to carry out your transport for you.
Various Shipping Methods for Bike Owners.
- Enclosed Transport - This is considered the safest way to transport a motorcycle. The bike is protected from any potential transportation hazards and driving hazards.
- Door to Door Delivery - This convenient method means that the bike will be picked up at a specific location and delivered to its destination.
- Terminal to Terminal Delivery - This method is very safe, reliable and cost effective. However it can be considered less convenient for those who do not live near the depot where the bike will be delivered to.
- Open Air Transport - This is also a very popular method that Wausau transporters utilize in the transportation of their motorcycle. As long as the customer does not mind their bike being slightly exposed to the elements and driving conditions, their bike will arrive at its destination in a safe and timely manner.
- Crated Transport - This method may require some extra preparation before the bike can be transported. Depending on the bike, the customer may have to remove the mirrors and handlebars, drain the fluids and disconnect the battery.
What Will the Transport Company Ask of Me?
Every transporter will have their own list of requests that they will hold you responsible for. These are small requirements that only assure the security of the bike and those delivering it.
- Clean the bike of all dirt and grime.
- Remove any lose objects and accessories.
- Disconnect the alarm system.
- Check the fluids, tire pressure and battery.
- Gas reading should not be above ¼ tank before transport.
- Document and list all damages to the motorcycle.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.