- United States Coast Guard Shipping Services By A-1 Auto Transport
- Shipping To An Oconus Base
- Military Shipping Services That We Offer
- Military Car Shipping
- How To Prepare Your Car For Shipment
- Military Motorcycle Shipping
- Preparing Your Motorcycle For Shipment
- Contact Us
United States Coast Guard Shipping Services by A-1 Auto Transport
Life in the service is unpredictable. You never know where you will be called to serve. When you receive your orders, you will have to adapt to your new home. However, you do not have to feel uncomfortable at your new station at USCG Base Kodiak, Alaska. A-1 Auto Transport can help you settle right in with your family. We can help relocate your items and personal car to the United States Coast Guard Base Kodiak in Alaska. We handle automobile transportation for military families who seek to ship their belongings and privately owned vehicles to any base in the world.
Shipping to an OCONUS Base
OCONUS shipping has several regulations that determine the entitlements accrued to an individual and his/her family. So do not waive speaking to your local transportation officer about the details of your permanent change of station order. You will get an idea of the items that you can relocate under government waiver and the items that you will pay for. A-1 Auto Transport can transport your household items and private automobiles. We also handle container shipping.
Military Shipping Services That We Offer
A-1 Auto Transport offers automobile shipping for different types of automobiles. We conduct shipping on the following:
- Car Shipping
- SUV Shipping
- Van Shipping
- Motorcycle Shipping
Military Car Shipping
Family cars are a necessity for moving around any military zone. The absence of a taxi service means that you will walk miles to move from end to end of the 3000 acres of Base Kodiak. Hence, you must not delay your car shipping process. You can ensure this by getting these documents prepared.
- An identification card: Please ensure that you have your identification card at hand.
- Evidence of ownership: You should provide a document that can show that you own the vehicle. A registration license can be provided as evidence of ownership.
- Copy of your Permanent Change of Station Order: It serves as evidence of your relocation order.
- An authorization order from your lease agency: It will show that your lease agency is aware of your intention to relocate the vehicle.
How to Prepare your Car for Shipment
You must follow these instructions to prepare your car for shipment:
- Properly wash your car to remove dirt, dust, and stains. It will ensure that any damage to the car will be visible.
- Vacuum the inside of your car to remove dirt.
- Disconnect the car battery to prevent electrical damage.
- Remove all accessories and loose items from the car. Loose items can be easily misplaced.
- Reduce the fuel level to less than ¼ of the tank.
- Fully deflate the tires or keep the inflation at the recommended level.
- Check to affirm that your tires are not leaking.
- Fix any damaged part of the car.
Military Motorcycle Shipping
Your preference for an automobile may be in two wheels rather than four. If that be the case, A-1 Auto Transport also handles motorcycle shipping. We can ship your motorcycle to the United States Coast Guard Base Kodiak in Alaska.
Preparing your motorcycle for Shipment
- Wash and dry your motorcycle to ensure that it is clean for shipment.
- Remove all loose decorations to avoid misplacement.
- Reduce fuel level to a quarter of the tank.
- Ensure that your tires are not leaking.
- Turn off your motorcycle alarm and GPS.
- Ensure the air gauge is on a normal level.
- Repair any damage that is discovered while preparing your motorcycle.
If you have finalized your decision to relocate your automobile, it is the right time for action. Pick up your phone and call our agents on 1-800-452-2880. You will get first-hand information about the best way to ship your automobile.