Urbana Long Distance Moving Companies
Maybe your job hunt is unsuccessful, or you know you can do more, just not at your current place. Moving to a new place can turn things around. In order to make your move to Urbana successful, consider working with an experienced mover. We are based in Ohio and offer world-class services including vehicle transport.
Top tips for a stress-free move
- Pack a first night kit. You need the essential items within easy reach because it is highly unlikely you will unpack immediately you arrive at your new home. Put items like towels, a change of clothes, toiletries, phone chargers and medication among others in a clear plastic bag that is easily identifiable.
- Work with a timeline. The only way to stay organized and accomplish tasks according to plan is to create a realistic schedule that gives you ample time to work at your own pace. Write down things you wish to do before moving out and stick to the guide.
- Cancel subscriptions and services that you no longer need. Settle all the bills you have and make arrangements to transfer utilities to your new home. This way, come moving time, your house will be well connected.
- Use cling wrap to prevent leakages. Containers and bottles containing liquids should be sealed properly. Simply unscrew the lid, place the cling wrap on the opening and screw the lid back. Put the containers in plastic bags just in case they break while in transit.
- Pack the kitchen and bedroom last. You might still need to use the items in those rooms until the last days. Plus, you will need them first when you get to your new home. So, let the movers load them last so they can be unloaded first.
How important is hiring a professional moving company?
- Affordable services. Despite what most people think, it is economical to hire a professional moving company. The expenses that you will incur moving on your own can easily surpass your budget allocation; not forgetting the hidden costs that you are likely to incur. Movers, on the other hand, know every step and have planned for it. You only pay one bill once your items are delivered to your new home.
- Insurance coverage. The lowest level of liability (60 cents per pound per item) is a requirement by law and is covered in your moving cost. This, in a way, protects your belongings though not adequately. If you desire to protect your items further, consider purchasing additional coverage. Discuss with your mover and select the most suitable insurance policy.
- Your safety. Don’t risk getting hurt by trying to move heavy stuff. It requires skills and teamwork which you can get when you hire a professional moving company. They have the equipment to handle items of different sizes and safely load them into the trucks. This is tough work and they are more qualified, hence it is best if you allow them to take control of the move.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
Ways to find a reliable moving company
- Start by checking if they are operating legally. The movers should have a valid license and a USDOT Number if they are moving items across state borders. Local movers are regulated by the state in which they operate.
- To learn more about the reputation of a company, check the BBB website. The reviews and ratings of past customers will point you in the right direction. The site also provides information about any complaints filed against your mover and if they were resolved.
- Talk to friends, neighbors or co-workers to get recommendations about companies in your locality. List down the suggested movers and do your own research so that you are sure of whom you’re working with. Remember tastes and preferences vary and what your friend liked might not please you.
- Vehicle transport
- Door to door moving
- Long distance moving
- Residential moving
- Commercial moving
- Storage facilities
- Full service (packing and unpacking)
Why hire A-1 Auto Transport?
The benefits of working with us are endless. We plan our solution with you at the center; you only move once in so many years and we promise to make it special. We pride ourselves in accuracy, speed and putting the client first in every move. A-1 Auto Transport is the frontrunner in providing quality and affordable services to the residents of the U.S.
Receive free instant estimates by completing the form at the top of this page or simply get dialing. Our toll-free number is 888-509-3213.
Written By:Joe Webster
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.