Moving is a challenging task for most people. Despite this daunting report, at least 17% of America’s entire population move each year. This translates to about 46 million Americans relocating each year. Furthermore, the highest recorded number of moves in a year is among renters more than homeowners. Additionally, government moves and military moves also make up a huge chunk of these relocations annually. As a student, you are among the thousands of students moving to or from an institution of higher learning like the UN School of the Arts. Besides moving being a challenging life event, the stress can be compounded if you are moving by yourself for the first time as a student would be doing. However, we can assure you that if you stick it out with us, your move will be transformed into a process that you will actually look forward to. Our company has moved thousands of folks in North Carolina and the whole country with great reviews and success rates.
How to have a stress-free student move
There are loads of moving tips out there, but we have picked the most specific ones to keep your move stress free.
- Have a moving schedule: Keeping a moving schedule will ensure that you plan for all your moving tasks well in advance. Furthermore, a moving schedule helps you to keep tabs on what you need to achieve before moving day.
- Stick to the schedule: A moving schedule should be adhered to without fail. Failing to stick to your own moving schedule will mean that you will have a last-minute rush as you try to accomplish all the tasks in one day.
- Seek help: You need all the help you can get before and during moving day. Ask your family and friends to help you as much as they can with tasks like packing, hauling and loading up the track. Alternatively, hiring professional moving help is also a good idea.
Why you need professional moving help
Moving is best handled by the experts, who are the moving companies. Here are some reasons why.
- To get a load off your mind: As mentioned above, moving can prove to be a stressful time for anyone. However, when you hire the services of a professional moving company, you can be sure that they will handle a huge chunk if not the whole move for you.
- For professional packing: Professional movers have been trained on how to pack your items in a professional way to avoid any breakages or damage. Furthermore, they come with all the moving boxes and packing supplies that you need for a professional packing job.
How to hire a professional moving company
Here are some tips to help you find and hire the best professional moving company.
- Background checks: Carry out some background checks of your own to find out as much as you can about the moving companies that you want to contract. Find out if they are licensed and insured, what past customers have to say and so on.
- Search locally: Keep your search local to be able to get the most out of your mover. Besides, a local mover knows your current locality better than a mover based out of state does.
- Compare prices: We understand that students move on a budget, therefore professional movers will offer discounted rates to you. Compare these prices from different moving companies and settle on one that will give you great service against a good price.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
A-1 Auto Transport Inc moving services
Our company has a wide variety of moving services for you to choose from. Some of these services include professional moving advice, professional packing services, full service moves, furniture disassembly and reassembly, auto transport, moving transport and pool table handling and shipping. We also offer local, long distance, nationwide and international relocation services.
Why you should move with us
We are a fully licensed and insured moving services provider. Not only do we have over twenty years moving experience, our company has great rankings with the Better Business Bureau. Furthermore, we are members of the American Moving and Storage Association and the ProMover. Our moving services have been tested over time and we can assure you that we are your best bet for a seamless student move.
Make a smart move
Call us today for all your moving needs and queries by dialing 888-509-3213. You may also reach us by filling out the form at the top of this page and one of our representatives will be in touch with you shortly.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.