When faced with a move, most people experience mixed emotions of excitement and trepidation. The feeling of excitement is because it is the chance for a fresh start; trepidation occurs because moving is often considered to be challenging. No matter how you feel about moving, it is bound to change once you are done going through this page. You see, we understand that you may be facing your move to or from University of North Carolina at Pembroke with some excitement mixed with trepidation. However, just because someone you know had a stressful move does not have to be the same for you. Our company has been in the moving business for over twenty years now moving folks in and all over North Carolina and the entire country with great success. Furthermore, we have moved students too and have received great reviews. You can therefore trust that all the tips and advice we give has been tried and tested over the years.
Moving advice for a seamless student relocation
In spite of this move being the first you are making as an adult, it does not have to be a stressful process. Follow these handy moving tips and watch the stress melt away.
- Be positive: Moving has often been associated with negative feelings, a notion that could be weighing down. Our first tip for you is to look forward to the move, forget about all the negative stuff you have heard. Embrace your move and you will begin to look forward to it.
- Say goodbye early: Begin to say your goodbyes early enough. Let your friends know that you will be moving soon and your family too. The worst event would be to let your friends find out via social media that you have moved. Additionally, you can throw a small goodbye party to get everyone together for one goodbye.
- Ask for help: Moving is a task that you cannot hope to accomplish completely by yourself. Ask family and friends to lend a hand when they can. Alternatively, you could hire a professional moving company and let them handle the entire move as you focus on other activities.
Benefits of enlisting professional moving help
Moving is a task that is best left to the experts. Here are some reasons why.
- Planning ahead is easy: A professional moving company works best with schedules. This makes it easy for you to plan for every moving job at hand and to have them accomplished in time.
- They have the right tools and equipment: Professional movers have all the correct moving tools and equipment to expedite your move. Additionally, they have different types and sizes of moving trucks to accommodate any kind and size of move.
- There’s less risk involved: In moving, anything can happen. This apt phrase points clearly to the various risks involved in moving such as personal injury, breakage and loss of items and so on. Since professional movers have all the correct experience and equipment, the risk of mishaps is reduced.
Finding the best moving company
Here are a few tips to get you started on finding the best moving company suited to your student moving needs.
- Get references: Family members and friends can give you good references on local moving companies. Local realtors are also able to point you in the right direction. Additionally, professional bodies such as AMSA and BBB are a good place to find a list of reliable movers.
- Avoid extra costs: Ask about all the costs that the companies put down on their moving estimates. Ensure that you find out if they have extra fees for items such as fuel, overtime charges, packing labor and so on.
- Confirm availability: Most students move around the same time. Ensure the company you want to sign up with for your move will be available when you need them. To make sure of this, book as early as a month to your move.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
A-1 Auto Transport Inc moving services
We offer a wide array of moving services such as free moving advice, professional moving estimates, professional packing services, full service moves, moving labor for hire, access to affordable moving companies, cheap cost of moving and auto transport. Additionally, we offer local, long distance, state to state and international relocation services.
Benefits of using our services
We are fully licensed and insured with over two decades of moving experience. Additionally, we have accreditations from the BBB with great customer reviews and rankings. Our memberships with AMSA and ProMover are valid and up to date.
Call us today
You may reach us via 888-509-3213 for all your moving needs. Furthermore, you can fill out the form at the top of this page to contact us.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.
Email me - email@example.com