University of New Mexico (New Mexico or UNM) is a public research university located in New Mexico, US. UNM offers undergraduate and graduate degree programs in different fields. Its main campus is located in Albuquerque with branch campuses found in Taos, Los Alamos, Los Lunas, Gallup and Rio Rancho. Join UNM and get a chance to live and learn in a historic city of Albuquerque, situated on an expansive mesa, just a mile above sea level. A city that is soulful and cosmopolitan at the same time, rural and urban simultaneously, and brimming with possibilities and light. A breathtaking place located around the corner from ordinary, on a vast land that is bisected by the great Rio Grande River and famous Route 66, just a stone’s throw away from the monumental Sandia Mountains. Sandia Mountains give this city a spectacular landscape. Moving is hectic and you don’t want it to spoil your awesome adventure when moving to or from UNM. Professional movers are here to take away the moving hassles that may distract you from enjoying your move. A-1 Auto Transport offers full moving and shipping services to or from UNM.
Tips on how to make your UNM move easier
If you are looking to move to or from UNM, keep these key tips in mind.
- Plan ahead: Moving comes with a lot of tasks to do; from packing to getting a reliable mover or moving yourself. You need to come up with a good plan. If you are moving to UNM for the first time, decide on whether you will live on-campus or off-campus and get yourself a dorm or apartment.
- Start preparing for packing: Get your packing material ready such as moving boxes and tape. You can save on the moving cost by getting free moving boxes from stores or neighbors. Place an order at least two weeks in advance. You can also utilize your garment bags, suitcases, laundry baskets or garbage cans.
- Pack smart and early: Packing is the most tedious moving process. It involves lifting heavy furniture and pool table, as well as handling fragile and valuable items. Sort out what you need to carry and what to get rid of. Pack the most important items that you are sure you will need during the semester. Come up with an inventory of each item you are planning to move. Clearly note down their names, type and the condition of each of them. You can as well take their photos and measurements of your furniture.
- Hire a moving company: Send your inventory to different moving companies and get their estimates. Professional movers will give you accurate quotes and help you pack.
Why you need a professional moving company for your UNM move
- Professional movers insure your goods to cover them from potential accidents and damages that might occur during transit. This gives you peace of mind.
- These movers do everything for you, from packing to arranging your room. You end up with plenty of time to focus on other things.
- They have the right equipment for packing, heavy lifting and moving your goods.
- They also employ professionals who have experience in handling fragile and valuable items.
How to find the best university moving company
Getting referrals from family and friends who have hired a mover recently is the starting point. It is easier to trust a family or friend. You can also inquire from neighbors and college mates.
Read or listen to customer reviews and feedback from Better Business Bureau sites to find out more about the movers.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
Our moving services
A-1 Auto Transport carries the moving burden for you and leaves you with time to focus on activities that you enjoy most by offering the following services:
- Full service moving from packing to dorm or apartment arrangement; whether you are moving internationally, from state to state, coast to coast, or within the country.
- We move every single household good, from your delicate books to the heavy furniture and pool table.
- We offer moving advice to UNM students
- We offer flexible moving storage to UNM students.
Why A-1 Auto Transport Inc?
- We have over 20 years’ experience in serving the current students and alumni of UNM.
- Customer satisfaction is our major concern; our friendly team is always on standby to serve you and address every concern you raise.
- We handle your goods carefully and safely using our state-of-the-art equipment.
- We use a satellite to track your goods on transit and keep you updated on every step and every situation as it arises.
Get Our Services Today
Fill out our online form to get a free no obligation quote. Talk to our friendly team on 888-509-3213 or visit our website on a1autotransport.com/services.
Written By:Joe Webster
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.