When most people are confronted with the subject of moving, they get stressed out. This is because moving is considered a daunting or challenging process. However, moving still remains a process that Americans tend to do a lot. In fact, the average adult in America will move if they get a new job, when they need to have an easier commute to work or if they are changing neighborhoods. For students, they move for completely different reasons, and their moving is also seasonal. Your move to or from University of New Hampshire is one of such moves, after your high school graduation or after attaining your undergrad. Whatever the reason for your move, you can rest assured that moving should not be the stressful subject it has been made out to be. You can actually have a seamless and stress-free move if you follow our handy moving tips. Our company has been in the moving business for over twenty years, moving folks all over New Hampshire and the entire country with great success.
How to move with no stress
Moving stress can be done away with if you pay attention to every detail of your move. Here are a few tips to help you do this.
- Start early: Preparation for your move should begin as soon as you get your letter of acceptance or as early as when you are in your last year of your undergrad studies. Start looking around for moving supplies, alternative housing from dorm accommodations and so on.
- Pack only what you need: There is a temptation of packing too many ‘just-in-case’ items. This is a pretty normal feeling but do not actualize it. Pack only the bare minimum. You are better off buying what you will need later, especially if it does not cost much.
- Pack a first night bag: The first night after moving comes with exhaustion and the last thing you want to think about is unpacking. Ensure that you pack a bag that will have essentials for your first night or even the first two days. It should include a change of clothes, toiletries and any other daily essentials.
Benefits of using professional moving services
Moving as a student is often budgeted; therefore hiring a professional moving company might be the last thing on your mind. However, there are lots of benefits tied to hiring professional movers such as;
- Professional packing services: Packing is not just cramming your items into a box and getting it done. Leave the packing to the professionals to take care of your fragile and bulky items with ease and less occurrence of breakage and damage.
- Save money: Did you know that hiring movers can actually save you money? Think how much bubble wrap, shrink wrap, moving boxes and supplies you have to buy on your own? Moving companies come with everything you need, and you don’t have to worry about any excess leftovers because they will use exactly what you need.
- Your assets are protected: Professional movers are insured, and will extend insurance to your items during the course of your move. This means that in case of any loss or breakage, the insurance company will indemnify you.
How to find the best moving company
Here are some tips to get you started on the right path to hiring a professional moving company.
- Look up company reviews: Find out what the internet has to say about a moving company. There are many legitimate moving reviews websites like Angie’s List and the BBB which you can use for your research.
- Look at the moving company’s website: A professional moving company will put up as much information as they can on their website. This will include their rates, the services they offer, how far their services extend and so on. Additionally, they avail their contact information which you can use for further research.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
Our moving services
At A-1 Auto Transport Inc, we have a wide variety of moving services such as long distance moving, local moving, cross country moving, nationwide moving and international moving services. Additionally, we offer full service moves, full packing and unpacking, access to affordable moving companies, furniture disassembly and reassembly, moving advice, moving labor for hire as well as professional estimates.
Advantages of moving with us
We are a fully-fledged moving services provider with over twenty years of experience in the moving industry. Moreover, we are fully licensed and insured. Our company has valid memberships with the American Moving and Storage Association as well as the ProMover. We also have great rankings with the Better Business Bureau.
Make the right choice
Call us today for your moving needs via 888-509-3213. You may also contact us by filling out the form at the top of this page.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.