Moving is a universal process which most people in the entire world have to go through at some point in their lives. Despite this, most people consider moving a daunting process. The trick behind having a smooth move, as we have discovered in our long tenure in the moving business, is to master it. The only way to master a move is by understanding all its intricacies and ensuring you get them right. As a student, you are facing your first move as an adult as you move to or from the University of Nebraska-Lincoln. This is probably a daunting move for you, but we can assure you that we can offer you moving tips to ensure you move smoothly. Our moving prowess in the moving industry is backed by over twenty years of success in Nebraska and all the states of this country. You can trust us with your student move.
How to achieve a smooth student move
It is possible to have a smooth student move by following these simple moving tips.
- To live on or off campus: Living on campus comes with its advantages such as proximity to the lecture halls as well campus security. However, dorm rooms can be cramped as compared to an apartment outside campus. Once you decide where you will live, you will know how to pack.
- Visit your new home: Plan to visit the dorm rooms or the apartment block you will soon be living in. This will help you to get used to the idea of moving as well as show you just how much space you have to work with.
- Pack only what you need: Once you have assessed your new living space, you can now pack according to the space you have seen. Be sure not to pack any clutter, but only pack the essentials.
Why you should consider hiring a professional moving company
Hiring a moving company comes with great benefits which outweigh any disadvantages. Here are some of those benefits.
- Avoid personal injury: Lifting heavy boxes and furniture can take a toll on you, especially if you do not do it right. Professional moving crews are trained on the best practices of lifting to avoid heavy injury. Furthermore, a moving company will have enough labor delegated to various tasks to avoid overworking and strain.
- Save time: A moving company is able to handle your move in half the time that you would have spent. This is because they will provide you with enough labor for the work at hand as well as adequate tools and equipment to make the work easier.
- Reliability: When you contract a moving company, you can count on them to show up on moving day without fail. This is because professional moving companies take up full responsibility for your move and will not jeopardize their good standing with poor service.
How to find the best student moving company
Finding the moving company that will best suit your needs can be an uphill task. We have compiled a few tips to get you started.
- Moving inventory: A reputable moving company will compile a professional moving inventory for you. This step not only ensures that you know exactly what you moved with but also help in getting the correct price estimation for your move.
- Professional estimates: Once a company does a thorough moving inventory, based on a walk-through of your items, the company should prepare an estimate. This estimate should cover all the aspects of your move, without leaving any costs out.
- Avoid large deposits: Companies that require a large upfront deposit paid up should be avoided. Professional moving companies will only require a small percentage of the entire cost of the move to ensure that you stay committed. Only pay up once the move is done.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
Our moving services
We offer a wide range of moving services which include local, long distance, international and nationwide moving. Furthermore, we offer full service moves, provision of moving boxes and supplies, moving labor for hire, access to affordable moving companies, moving storage, auto transport as well as specialized shipping of pool tables.
Benefits of using our moving services
We are a fully insured and licensed moving services provider. Our company was established over twenty years ago, and we have had considerable success in our moving business. Furthermore, we have professional affiliations with the American Moving and Storage as well as the ProMover. Our BBB rankings have remained consistent over the years.
Call us today
You can reach us via 888-509-3213 for all your moving needs. Moreover, you can reach us by filling out the form at the top of this page.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.
Email me - firstname.lastname@example.org