Moving in America is one of life’s most occurring processes. It is estimated that the average American adult will move at least 12 times in their entire lifetime. Furthermore, the age within which most Americans move a lot is between 18-35 years. Despite these statistics that show the popularity of moving, most people still consider it cumbersome and even challenging. As you move to or from University of Nebraska at Kearney, you are beginning the first of many moves that you will make in your entire lifetime. As movers who have over twenty years experience in the moving industry, we can tell you for a fact that there is no better time than now to understand the moving process. We have been moving folks in Nebraska and all over the country for a long time now, and we have applied the same tips and advice to their moves with great success. You too can have a seamless move by following our proven moving advice to the letter.
How to achieve a seamless student move
Moving as a student can be both daunting and emotional. However, you can have an easy move if you follow these moving tips that we have provided below.
- Pack early: Packing can never be done too early. Start packing as soon as you set a moving date to avoid the last-minute rush. The beauty of packing is that you can pack some items as early as 6 weeks before your moving date, and finish up with the daily essentials a day to the move.
- Defrost the fridge early: This is one of the aspects of moving that is often overlooked and you end up with a leaky fridge among your items. Look at your manufacturer’s manual and defrost your fridge within the time stipulated. This means that you plan to finish the food in your fridge way before you need to defrost it.
Advantages of moving with a professional moving company
Moving with a professional moving company is a great way to reduce moving stress. Besides that, there are a host of other benefits tied to using professional movers.
- They have specialized trucks: Professional moving companies have a fleet of moving trucks which are customized for different kinds of items. Furthermore, these trucks are equipped with all the moving equipment and tools you will need for your move.
- Cost effective: Contracting a professional moving company could actually end up saving you money. This is because the moving company will combine all the costs of your move as opposed to having to go all over town looking for moving supplies from different outlets.
- They are trustworthy: It is easier to trust a professional mover with your prized belongings as opposed to allowing your clueless but well-meaning friends to help you move. They may be well intentioned, but lack the skills required to keep your belongings safe.
How to find a good moving company
It is vital that you find a moving company that will suit your moving needs. Here is how to find the perfect match for your move from a wide pool of movers.
- Their experience with student moves: No move is identical to another. However, it is important to use a mover that has handled student moves before. This is because there are some aspects of a student move that largely remain similar and experience here is a great win for you.
- Cost: Moving as a student is most likely going to happen on a tight budget. Be sure to look out for moving companies that offer special rates to students.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
A-1 Auto Transport Inc moving services
We offer a full range of moving and relocation services some of which include the following; door to door moving, dorm arrangement, apartment moving, local moving, interstate moving, nationwide and cross country moving as well as international moving. Moreover, we also offer full service moves, access to affordable moving companies and out of state movers, free moving advice, professional moving estimates, vehicle transport, furniture disassembly and reassembly and pool table transport.
Benefits of using our moving services
We are a moving company that was established over twenty years ago with physical office locations all over the country. Moreover, we are fully licensed and insured by the relevant legal authorities. Our professional affiliations are with the American Moving and Storage Association and the ProMover, both of which are credible moving bodies. Furthermore, our BBB rankings have been consistent over the years.
Make a smart move
Call us today for all your moving needs by dialing 888-509-3213. Additionally, you can reach us by filling out the form found at the top of this page.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.