University of Missouri (Mizzou) is a public research and land-grant university located in Columbia, Missouri. Mizzou is one the top research centers in the US. Since its establishment in 1839, Mizzou has more than 300,000 alumni living all over the world. The university has the most powerful university research reactor in the world. You may be thinking of changing a major, or your family has relocated to Missouri and you need a university near home. Mizzou could be the university for you. Moving to or from Mizzou may be the greatest challenge. Hiring a reputable mover like A-1 Auto Transport ensures that the move goes on smoothly. This company offers student moving services to or from Mizzou.
Tips on how to make moving to or from Mizzou easier
Moving can be so stressful. We have some tips that will help ease your move.
- Plan ahead: Come up with a comprehensive plan for you move; when you will move, how you will move and what you will carry. Sell or give away what you don’t need so as to cut on the moving cost.
- Prepare adequately: Assemble all the packing materials including moving boxes, bubble wrap and tape. Get them in advance. Also, get ready all the necessary documents.
Pack well and early: Pack the most essential items. Don’t pack what you don’t need. Pack fragile items with a lot of care. Wrap them to keep them secure. Stack up your pans and pots and wrap them in newspaper. Keep your dishes unstacked so that they remain flat. Wrap each of them and pack them vertically. You can store smaller items like spice pots inside larger pots and bowls.
If you disassemble some furniture such as a cupboard or a bed, label each part and pack them together. Keep smaller fittings and screws inside a labeled bag. You can cover the legs and arms of the chairs using bubble-wrap.
When packing computers, make sure that you backup your data first. You can back them up in your USB, external hard drive or through the Cloud. Shut down your computers and unplug them from the mains. Label every cable to help you know where you will need to reconnect them. Use thick-walled moving boxes, a lot of packaging paper and bubble wrap to surround your computer.
Give your fridge time to drain and defrost before you pack it.
- Hire a moving company: Hiring a moving company can save you a lot of time, hassles and potential damages. Get one to help you move to or from Mizzou.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
Why you need a professional moving company for your Mizzou move
Moving to or from Mizzou is both physically and emotionally stressful. You can decide to either do it yourself or hire a professional mover. Here are the benefits of hiring a professional mover.
- You spend less in packing. Packing by yourself may cost you more because you have to buy packing material and you may also end up damaging delicate items. Professional movers pack more efficiently and faster.
- They know the locality: Professional movers understand all the routes and neighborhoods.
- Your goods are safe and insured: They use the right equipment to handle your goods; the safety of your belongings gives you peace of mind.
How to find the best university moving company
You can check the consumer-advocacy sites to view the history of customers’ complaints, companies blacklisted, and general information about the moving companies. You can as well conduct a search using the mover’s name at Rip-off Report.
Our moving services
A-1 Auto Transport offers the following services to students moving to or from Mizzou:
- We pack your goods and pick them right from your doorstep.
- We have modern equipment which carefully lift your heavyweight goods such as furniture and pool table.
- We offer tracking services through satellite when your goods are on transit
- We unload and unpack your goods.
- We clean and arrange your dorm or apartment.
- We offer moving advice.
- We offer flexible storage services
Why A-1 Auto Transport Inc?
- We have competitive prices for Mizzou students because of the trust they have built in us over the years.
- We handle your goods with state-of-the-art equipment
- We have a professional, knowledgeable and kind team always ready to assist you.
- We have reputable insurance coverage for all your goods.
- We give you straightforward estimates; no hidden cost
- Our customer service is friendly and always willing to attend to you anytime.
Contact Us Now
Find more about our services by contacting us on 888-509-3213 or visiting our website on a1autotransport.com/services. Fill out the form at the top of this page and get a free non-obligatory quote.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.