Moving is a universal process which evokes feelings of stress in most people. However, if handled in the right way, moving is a process which can easily be mastered. In America, people move every day due to different reasons, which include work related reasons as well as to move their families to a better neighborhood. Students on the other hand move due to a different set of reasons such as moving to or from an institution of higher learning like college or university. Nevertheless, no matter their size, student moves are also considered to be as stressful as a household move. However, we can assure you that this needs not be your reality if you follow our moving advice as you move to or from the University of Minnesota Rochester. Our company has handled thousands of student moves just like yours in Minnesota and all over the country with great reviews from our customers. If you observe these free moving tips and advice that we shall offer you here, you are well on your way to mastering your move.
How to have a seamless move
It is possible to have a seamless student move. If you observe these moving tips that we have been using over the years to help our clients, you will be sure to have a smoother process than you expected.
- Get rid of what you do not need. Create three piles marked ‘Bin’, ‘Sell’ and ‘Donate’, after going through your items. Be sure to follow through on these actions. Look for inventive ways to sell what needs to be sold either on your yard or online auctions like Craigslist or eBay. Donating your items can get you a fantastic tax incentive.
- Get moving help: Whether you enlist help from your parents, siblings or friends, be sure to get enough moving help. It is almost entirely impossible to have a stress-free move if you decide to go it alone. Additionally, you can hire the services of a professional moving company to take care of your whole move.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
Why you should consider hiring a professional moving company
We understand that you could be moving on a budget, given the fact that you are a student. However, here are some reasons why you should consider digging a bit deeper into your pocket to hire a professional moving company.
- Convenience: Nothing beats the convenience of leaving all your moving tasks to the moving company, as you focus on other aspects of the move. Furthermore, moving is not just about your belongings, but also about setting up cable, a new mailing address and so on.
- Less risk to yourself: Moving usually involves lifting of heavy boxes and furniture, activities which could lead to personal injury if not done well. Furthermore, the aches and pain you are left with after a move take a while to fade away, so let the moving crews deal with all these.
- Correct tools and equipment: For a seamless move, you must use various tools and equipment which you likely do not have in your possession. Moving companies on the other hand however have all the correct tools and equipment needed for your move.
Finding the best university moving company
Looking for and settling on a good moving company can be a daunting process. We have, however, put together a few tips to get you started and land you the best moving company for your needs.
- Double check credentials: Be sure to check if the licensing and insurance details of the moving company are up to date and valid. The U.S. Department of Transportation has a database which has a full list of all licensed moving companies which you can access here.
- Avoid hefty deposits: A reputable moving company will not ask for a hefty deposit upfront. In fact, most moving companies will only ask for a small percentage of the total cost of moving as a commitment fee. Avoid companies that demand over 20% of the full cost of moving upfront.
A-1 Auto Transport Inc moving services
We offer many moving services such as local and long distance moving, nationwide and international moving services. Moreover, our moving services include dorm arrangement, apartment moving, door to door moving, access to affordable moving companies, moving labor for hire, auto transport and moving storage.
Advantages of moving with us
We are fully licensed and insured. Additionally, we are members of the American Moving and Storage Association and the ProMover. Also, our company has been in existence for over twenty years with great rankings on the BBB.
Make the right choice
Move with us by calling 888-509-3213. You may also contact us by filling out the form found at the top of this page.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.