As common as moving is, most people still consider it a challenging experience. In America, at least 17% of the country’s entire population moves every year despite this universal fear of the moving process. It is also estimated that every human being in the world will have to move at least once in their entire lifetime; for Americans this translates to 12 times! It is therefore a widely accepted fact that moving is a daunting process that is better finished sooner than later. However, as you prepare to go through your first adult move to or from University of Minnesota Morris, you can have an easier time than most folks. This is because we will offer you all the moving tips that we have garnered and used for the past two decades. Furthermore, we have moved tons of students just like you in Minnesota and all over the country with great success. Stick with us and you can be sure that your move will soon be another one of our myriads of success stories here at A-1 Auto Transport Inc.
How to have a successful student move
Moving as student can prove to be a bit challenging considering it is a first of many moves you will be making. However, if you follow our moving advice, you can be sure that your move will transition into one of the most seamless tasks you ever completed.
- Get organized: Create a moving checklist which should contain all the tasks that you hope to accomplish by moving day. Not only should you be sure to cross these out as you finish them, be sure to keep all receipts, invoices and correspondence relating to your move in a binder.
- Decide on what to pack: Avoid packing and carrying clutter with you. Go through all your items from clothes to shoes, beddings and even household essentials binning, donating or marking ‘for sale’ what you no longer need.
Reasons to contract a professional moving company
As a student, you are most likely moving of a tight budget. However, you should consider hiring a moving company to help you have a seamless process. Some reasons why this is the best way to handle your move include the ones below.
- Accountability: Once you contract the services of a professional mover, you can hold them accountable for the success of your move and the safety of your items. Furthermore, professional movers take the responsibility placed on them with great seriousness as their reputation rides on the end result.
- Reliability: You can count on professional movers to deliver their end of the moving contract as agreed. No matter what complications they may run into on the day of the move, they will ensure that you are not in any way inconvenienced.
- Trustworthy: Experienced professional movers can be trusted with your possessions because they are trained on how to handle different items with the utmost care. Furthermore, you can trust them to deliver each item that they picked up without losing it or damaging it at will.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
How to find a trustworthy professional mover
The moving industry has grown rapidly in the recent years, and with it the number of moving scams has increased. However, you can avoid a moving scam if you follow these tips as you search for a mover.
- Moving estimates: A reputable mover will offer to do an in-person estimate which gives you the most accurate cost of moving. Avoid a company that is quick to give you an estimate over the phone without physically assessing the scope of your move.
- Informative website: A moving company that is professional will have a website that has all their information such as their U.S.DOT number, phone number and physical address displayed prominently. A company that does not have any of this information is one to give a wide berth.
Our moving services
We offer a wide array of moving services such as local and long distance moving, cross country and interstate moving, nationwide and international moving services. Moreover, we offer dorm moving and arrangement, free moving advice, professional estimates, furniture disassembly and reassembly, cheap moving labor, access to affordable moving companies, moving storage and auto transport.
Why you should move with us
We are a fully licensed and insured moving services provider with professional affiliations with the American Moving and Storage Association as well as the ProMover. Furthermore, we have great rankings with the BBB with a great track record spanning over two decades.
Move with us
You can call us via 888-509-3213 for all your moving needs, or by filling out the form at the top of this page.