Moving has long been considered a challenging affair by many people. At the same time, moving can be a pretty exciting time in your life. With the prospect of starting life over in a new place and meeting new friends, moving can actually be a process to look forward to. In America, it is estimated that a third of the country’s population relocates each year for various reasons. As a student, you may be moving to or from University of Massachusetts Amherst after high school graduation or after attaining your undergraduate degree. Whatever the reason for your move, it is bound to be an exciting time in your life. Do not expect to have a difficult or stressful move; we are here to offer you valuable advice that will change your moving expectations. A-1 Auto Transport Inc has been in the business of moving folks and students just like you in Massachusetts and all over the country with great success for over two decades. Our advice is backed by years of experience that is priceless.
How to hack your student move
Don’t let the moving blues take away your excitement of moving in a few months. With these few moving hacks, you will not have to worry about a stressful move at all.
- Moving inventory: Write down each item that you intend to pack away and carry with you. Not only will this process help you to keep tabs on your personal belongings, it will help you to get rid of any clutter that you might carry if you don’t document this process.
- Get rid of clutter: Packing excess items will just stress you out. Get rid of extra clothing and shoes that you do not need. You will be surprised just how much you do not need to carry to your new apartment or dorm room.
- Budget for your move: Moving is a costly affair which could drain your savings. Start a moving kitty months before your move so that you have a designated fund for moving only to take care of all the costs associated with moving.
Reasons to consider hiring a moving company
Hiring a professional moving company is a sure way to take care of moving stress because of the reasons below;
- It’s a one stop shop: A professional moving company will capture all your moving costs in one estimate. This includes items like a moving truck, packing costs, fuel cost, moving labor costs and so on. A DIY move will have you looking to different providers for each item that you will need.
- It will save you time and energy: Running around different outlets looking for various supplies and items is a time and energy consuming venture. Why not let one company handle all this for you?
- Reliability: You can rely on the services of a professional mover to get you to your new location as agreed upon in the contract. Friends and family however may not offer this kind of reliability based on their own personal commitments elsewhere.
Finding the best moving company
It is imperative that you settle on a moving company that will offer you the best moving services that you can afford. Here is what to consider as you search.
Consider your budget: Professional movers offer different rates for their services. You should keep in mind how much you are willing to spend on a moving company before making a search.
Look out for student discounts: We understand that students are on a tight budget, therefore we have great student discounts. Be sure to look out for these kinds of offers from the companies you are considering to hire.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
A-1 Auto Transport Inc moving services
We offer a wide range of moving services from local moving to international moving, nationwide to state to state moving as well as coast to coast moving services. Furthermore, we offer specialty moves for pool tables, furniture disassembly and reassembly, dorm arrangement, moving estimates and advice, access to affordable moving companies, auto transport, moving help and advice as well as moving storage.
Advantages of moving with us
We are fully licensed and insured. Furthermore, we have over twenty years of experience in the moving business. Our company is also a member of the American Moving and Storage Association as well as a recognized ProMover. Additionally, we have great rankings with the Better Business Bureau.
Make the right decision for your move
Call us today via 888-509-3213 for all your moving needs. Furthermore, when you fill out the form at the top of this page, one of our representatives will contact you shortly.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.