Moving is a universal process that most people consider daunting. Did you know that August is the most popular month to move, while February is the least popular moving month in America? Furthermore, Friday is said to be the most popular day of the week for moving, therefore most movers are fully booked then. People move for different reasons, the main one being to have an easier commute to work. Students also make up a significant percentage of America’s moving population. The most common reason for student moves is after graduation from high school or college. You fall in this category as you prepare for your move to or from University of Maryland University College . We are here to help you achieve a seamless move because that is our core business. A-1 Auto Transport Inc has been in the moving business for over two decades now, moving folks all over Maryland as well as the entire country with great success.
How to achieve a seamless student move
Moving as a student does not have to be stressful if you follow these simple moving tips.
- Keep a moving journal: A moving journal should contain your to-do lists, a budget as well as any receipts for your move. Additionally, the moving journal should contain reminders of any tasks that need to be completed before the moving day.
- Calculate your moving costs: Before your move, it is imperative that you write down all the costs that you anticipate for your move. Calculating your moving costs will help you to budget and avoid overspending. Furthermore, this will ensure that you capture all the costs of your moving no matter how small they may be.
- Change your address: Ensure that you change your mailing address and notify all the necessary service providers and any subscriptions you have.
Why you will need a professional moving company
Moving is a very involving process that can be very tedious. However, you can hire a professional moving company to access the following benefits.
- Peace of mind: Imagine leaving all the logistics of your move to someone else and just sitting back to relax. That’s exactly what happens when you contract a professional moving company for your move. What a load off your mind!
- No heavy lifting: Another aspect of moving that everyone hates is the heavy lifting and lugging of heavy boxes and furniture. However, professional moving crews will handle all this for you in the most efficient way without requiring your effort in any way.
How to find a professional moving company
The moving industry has grown massively over the years, and with it the number of moving companies. Therefore, finding the best moving company may be an uphill task, but if you follow these tips you will be on the right track.
- Avoid companies that have changed names: A professional moving company is as good as its name. Therefore, it is wise to keep away from companies that have had a name switch as this could point to new management that has not been tried and tested.
- Insist on an in-person estimate. A moving company should be able to give you an accurate forecast of how much your move will cost. This therefore means that it should be done after a thorough walk-through inventory of your items. Stay away from companies that only offer phone estimates.
- Look out for hidden costs: Professional moving companies should be able to give you all the costs of your move, including any anticipated costs like overtime. Stay away from companies that do not give you an upfront disclosure of all the costs you may incur apart from costs captured in the moving estimate.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
Our moving services
A-1 Auto Transport Inc has a wide array of moving services which include furniture disassembly and reassembly, dorm arrangement, full service moves, provision of moving boxes and supplies, auto transport and moving storage. We also provide local and long distance moving, interstate and coast to coast moving as well as international moving services.
Benefits of choosing to move with us
Besides having a vast array of moving services, we are a moving company that has been in operation for over twenty years now. Furthermore, we are fully licensed and insured. Our company is also a member of the American Moving and Storage Association as well as a recognized ProMover .
Make the right choice
Move with us! You can call us on 888-509-3213 for all your moving needs. Alternatively, you may fill out the form at the top of this page and one of our representatives will contact you as soon as possible.