In the United States, every year millions of people relocate across the country. In fact, at least 17% of the entire population moves every year! These statistics are despite the fact that moving is considered to be a challenging task by most of these people. However, you need not approach your move to or from University of Maryland Center for Environmental Science with the same trepidation that most people do. Student moves happen every year for various reasons, one of the most common ones is to join university or to leave university after graduation. A-1 Auto Transport Inc has handled thousands of moves in Maryland and all over the country for over twenty years now. We are therefore an authority when it comes to matters relocation, and you can take our word for it when we say that your student move need not be stressful.
How to have a smooth student move
Moving as a student can be made simpler if you follow these moving tips.
- Plan: We cannot over-emphasize the need for planning when it comes to moving. Have a budget to plan for your moving expenses, decide which tasks should be done first and which ones can be completed as you approach your moving date.
- De-clutter: The last thing you want to do is move with items that you do not need. Not only will this increase your packing time, it means cramped living quarters because dorm rooms or your first apartment may not be as spacious as your room at home.
- Get help: Ask your friends and family to lend a hand with some of the moving tasks such as packing, loading the truck, unpacking and so on. Alternatively, you can hire a professional moving company and sit back as they take over the details of your move.
Why you should consider hiring a professional moving company
Professional movers are best placed to handle a move with great ease as opposed to a DIY move. Here are some advantages of hiring professional movers.
- Free up your time: Moving is a time-consuming project, which is best handled by professionals to free up your time. There are other activities that need to be taken care of which hiring a mover will allow you to do. This includes setting up services like cable, changing mailing address and so on
- Simplification of complex tasks: Disassembly of furniture is one of those activities that can take up all day for a rookie like you. And the reassembly is another headache awaiting you once you arrive at your new home. However, professional moving companies offer such services, making a difficult activity simpler for you.
Tips to finding the best university moving company
Before you settle on a moving company, it is imperative that you check them out very rigorously. Here are some ways to do this.
- Find out how long they have been in existence: You want to move with a company that has experience that spans many years, like ours which has been in existence for over twenty years now. Experience points to a credible and traceable track record.
- Check out their online reviews: Online reviews usually give an unbiased report on the performance of a company. Use credible platforms like Yelp to find out what past customers have to say about the company you are looking to hire.
- Consider their community interaction: A professional moving company will want to give back to the community it serves. Find out if the company is involved in any community initiatives that are not for profit such as ‘Move For Hunger’.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
A-1 Auto Transport Inc moving services
We are a fully-fledged moving services provider offering a wide array of moving services. Some of these services include door to door moving, dorm moving and arrangement, apartment moving, interstate moving, coast to coast moving, nationwide and international moving services. Moreover, we offer full service moves , provision of moving boxes and supplies, furniture disassembly and reassembly, auto transport, moving storage, pool table transport, moving labor for hire, access to affordable moving companies and many other services.
Advantages of moving with us
Over and above having a wide array of moving services you can choose from, we are a fully licensed and insured moving company. Furthermore, we are members of the American Moving and Storage Association and a recognized ProMover. We have been in the moving business for over twenty years now; therefore, you can trust us to live up to our promise.
Call us today
You can reach us via 888-509-3213 for all your moving needs and queries. Moreover, you can reach us by filling out the form at the top of this page.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.
Email me - firstname.lastname@example.org