Moving has been touted as a challenging process by most people all over the world. In America, despite this being the feeling across the board, people still move a lot. In fact, the average American adult will move every 6 years, up to 12 times in his/her entire lifetime. Students are said to make a significant percentage of this moving statistic. Reliable statistics show that high school and college graduates move out of the state they studied in five years after graduation. Therefore, as your move to or from University of Maine draws closer, you need not brace yourself for a stressful process. We have been moving folks all over Louisiana with great reviews, and we know that your student move will go just as swimmingly. Our experience in the moving industry spans over 20 years, therefore you can trust the moving tips and advice that we will be handing you on this page.
How to hack your student move
Moving as a student should be one of the easiest moves you will ever make. Here are a few tips to help you achieve this.
- Pack early: Packing can take a huge chunk of your time. Why don’t you break up this chunk of time into different slots across 4 weeks as you begin packing early? You may pack items you will not need before your move first, and as the moving day gets closer, you may then finish up your packing.
- Compile an inventory: Take inventory of all the items that you intend to move with. This process will help you to eliminate excess and unnecessary baggage, as well as help you to keep track of what you will move with.
Why you should hire a student moving company
Moving is a process that is best handled by a professional moving company. This also includes moves as small as yours because in the moving business , we have nothing like insignificant moves. Here are some reasons why you should consider hiring a moving company.
- Time management: A professional mover is better placed to handle all the aspects of your move to ensure that you move within schedule. Furthermore, the professional mover is able to allocate time to each task and ensure that they stick to their schedule without upsetting yours.
- Moving experience: Professional moving crews like ours are trained vigorously on the best practices to employ when handling your precious items. Whether it is an heirloom handed down generations, or your 45-inch flat screen television, your items are safer in experienced hands.
- Professional packing services: Packing is not just throwing all your items into some cardboard boxes and hitting the road; it is an intricate process. Professional movers have trained their crews on how to pack, secure and prevent your items from breaking during the move.
How to find the best student moving company
There are very many moving companies out there; the trick is in finding one best suited to your move. Here are some tips to employ while you do this.
- Be specific: It is wise to be completely sure about the kind of moving services that you need. Find out if you need to use a full-service mover, or whether all you need are hauling services. This will point you in the right direction as you look for the specific service providers.
- What’s your budget?: Moving is a costly undertaking, and different moving companies price their services differently. Your budget should be able to guide you to a mover that will offer you the best in respect to what you can afford.
- Compare quotes: Request for estimates and compare them. Each mover will offer a specific array of services against a cost. Compare these against each other and make an informed decision against your budget and the services you will require.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
A-1 Auto Transport Inc moving services
We have a wide array of moving services some of which are local moving, long distance moving, state to state moving, nationwide moving and international moving. Over and above these services, we also offer full service moves, affordable services and student discounts, access to cheap moving companies, auto transport, moving storage, door to door moving, dorm arrangement and apartment moving services.
Advantages of choosing to move with us
Not only do we have a vast moving service repertoire, we are a fully licensed and insured moving services provider. We have been in the moving business for over twenty years to date, with great rankings with the BBB. Furthermore, we have an American Moving and Storage Association membership. We are also a recognized ProMover with a credible and proven track record.
Call us today
You can reach us via 888-509-3213 for all your moving needs. Furthermore, you may contact us by filling out the form at the top of this page.