The University of Maine at Augusta (UMA) is located in Augusta, the capital of the state of Maine. If you are a recent high school graduate or returning adult interested in baccalaureate degree or sports such as basketball and golf, UMA is the best place for you especially if you reside in Maine. Lots of excitement comes with moving to UMA for the first time as a freshman, or after a long break from the holidays. The idea of moving causes a lot of excitement until you think about moving your items along with you. Whether you are moving across the country or interstate, dragging heavy luggage kills the fun of moving. A-1 Auto Transport is one of the movers which does not only offer you the best moving services to or from UMA, it also gives you tips on how to move easily on your own.
Tips on how to make moving to or from UMA easier
Moving should not spoil the fun of joining UMA for the first time or after holiday breaks. Here are the tips that can make your move much easier.
- Get ready early: You should note that UMA does not offer housing within campus. You need to make prior rental arrangements before you move to UMA. When and where to move, what to carry and how to carry them should be very clear from the beginning.
- Budget and search for an apartment: Cost of moving is the major determiner of how and where you will live. Rent should be clear well in advance. Establish your budget first before you hit the road. You can do prior research to know the cost of apartments available for renting around UMA. You can search for Maine’s rental information online, ask the locals or landlords. Don’t just settle for a cheap apartment. You have to do further research on the available apartment. The rent could be cheap because of noisy neighborhood, insecurity, damages, electricity faults, unreliable water supply among others. You should inspect the apartment, look at its pictures and sizes before you settle for it.
- Pack carefully: Put all your moving boxes in one place. Pack right, pack light. Don’t pack what you don’t need. You can start by packing the most essential belongings. Avoid items that are messy, easily perishable, or unnecessarily bulky.
- Create moving space: How can you make the most of your tiny apartment or dorm? Before you move to campus, get yourself stackable crates or neat space-savers. You can also loft your desk or bed to create space underneath.
- Hire movers: Hiring a company that helps students move to and from UMA can make things easier and fun for you. You will just sit back, relax and focus on other tasks as they do everything for you.
Why you need a professional moving company for your university move
It is important to get a professional mover when moving to or from UMA. A professional moving company will ensure that:
- Your items are safely packed, moved, delivered, and where possible unpacked, arranged or stored.
- Your valuables are insured and you get compensated for any loss or damage that might occur on transit.
- You are handled by a trained, qualified and experienced team such as drivers and consultants.
How to find the best university moving company
Do some background check about the moving companies. For example, you can view the customer reviews through Better Business Bureau or read the feedback from their recent clients.
You can also check the transport company’s licensing records with the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) to determine whether they are legitimate or scammers.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
Our moving services
When moving to or from UMA, whether it is a long distance or short distance move, A-1 Auto Transport offers you a wide range of moving services. Here is a list of some of them:
- Relocation consultancy
- Full service in moving all kinds of items, ranging from pool table, furniture, cars, trucks, delicate books and equipment, food among others.
- We also offer door to door moving services
- Arranging your apartments
- Moving storage
Why A-1 Auto Transport Inc?
We understand how costly it is for students to move to and from UMA. This is why we have flexible rates that suit you however limited your funds are. We are highly conversant with routes across Maine and Augusta through our long experience of offering moving services to and from UMA. Our experienced, trained and qualified team always ensures maximum protection to your items. They value respect, keenness, and care.
Talk to us Now
Our team is always ready to serve you anytime. Contact us on 888-509-3213 or visit our website at a1autotransport.com/services. Don’t forget to fill out the form at the top of this page.