Moving To Or From University Of Connecticut (UConn)
Moving is a process that cannot entirely be avoided throughout one’s lifetime. Moreover, an adult in the United States of America is estimated to move at least 11 times in their entire lifetime. Despite these statistics, moving is still considered a daunting and challenging task by most people. However, this does not have to be the case for you as you prepare for your student move. Students move for various reasons some of which are to join a university in a different city or state after high school or to begin life outside university after their undergraduate courses. As you prepare to move to or from UConn, you can rest assured that we will offer you advice to make it an easy and stress-free process. We have been in the business of moving individuals and commercial entities across Connecticut as well as the entire country for over 20 years without any hitches.
Ways to make your university move easier
Believe it or not, there are ways to make your university move less stressful and more enjoyable. Here are some of those tips.
- Embrace a good attitude: Moving to or from university is inevitable, so having the right attitude about it goes a long way in dealing with moving stress. Embrace the opportunity to make new friends and so on.
- Find out about the new area you are moving to: If you are moving out of your city for the first time, it is wise to find out as much as you can about Connecticut. Find out what the weather is like, what social activities are enjoyed there as well as information about libraries and student working opportunities.
- Hire a professional moving company: No one enjoys moving, so if you can hire the professionals to do it for you, go ahead and do it. This will get your mind off the details of moving.
Do you really need to hire a moving company?
Moving is an expensive venture, and hiring a mover could take your costs even higher. However, there are many advantages attached to hiring a professional mover, some of which are outlined below.
- You will free up your time for other issues: Hiring a mover means that you can trust them to handle all the aspects of your move as you focus on other issues.
- Professional movers have all the right equipment: Moving involves many processes such as packing, lifting and carrying heavy items, loading trucks and so on. Most of these processes require special tools and equipment which you may not have, hence the need to hire a mover.
- Avoid the chance of injury: There are many injuries associated with heavy lifting and hauling which are all part of the moving process. By leaving these tasks to trained personnel, you will avoid the risk of injury to yourself.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
How to find the best university mover
Now that you have established that it is important to hire a professional mover, it is time to find a good mover that will serve your needs. Here are a few pointers to go about this.
- Length of operation: Experience is a very important factor when looking for a professional moving company. Look out for companies who have a long and proven track record of excellent service delivery.
- Is the company licensed? All professional moving companies must be licensed to operate in the state they are in. Additionally, the US Department of Transportation assigns a unique USDOT number to every licensed moving company. Find out if their USDOT number is current by checking this database.
- Are they insured? You can find out on the same database given above if the company is insured. Never move with a company that is not insured. Additionally, find out from the company what kind of insurance they offer you during packing, transport and unpacking to safeguard your interests.
A-1 Auto Transport Inc moving services
We are a full-service moving company offering a host of moving services. These services include local and long distance moving, nationwide and door to door moving, international and interstate moving. Furthermore, we offer dorm arrangement, installation of fixtures, vehicle transport and moving storage, moving help and advice, trucks for hire, affordable estimates and so on.
Why you should move with us
Over and above offering a wide range of moving services listed above, we are a fully licensed and insured moving services provider. Furthermore, our business has accreditation and membership with the BBB and the American Moving and Storage Association.
Make a smart choice
Call us on 888-509-3213 for all your moving needs. Remember to fill out the form at the top of this page and we shall be in touch.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.
Email me - firstname.lastname@example.org