Moving To Or From University of California, Berkeley (UC Berkeley)
Moving is often viewed as a challenging and daunting task. Moreover, moving as a student comes with its own set of challenges, but this should not give you the jitters. It is a well-known fact that moving to university dorms is usually the first of many moves you shall have in your life. Moreover, you will also need to consider another move once you are done with university life, to transition into a new life. No matter the reason for your student move, you do not need to have a stressful time. With professional movers like us, everything will be under control. Why don’t you allow us to be your professional mover to or from University of California, Berkeley.
Tips to make your university move easier
In as much as you would expect your university move to be stressful, there are ways to prevent this from happening. Follow our easy guide below for a stress-free experience.
- Purge: Having lived in one place for long, you have definitely accumulated lots of clutter. Go through your belongings and create piles to get rid of. You may also donate what is in good enough condition. Additionally, you can have a garage sale to sell what is good enough to be used by someone else.
- Create a moving list: A moving list will help you to prioritize the different aspects of your move according to urgency. Keep checking off this list as you get things done. Moreover, having a moving list keeps you organized and prevents a last minute rush.
- Seek help: Enlist the help of family and friends for the easier tasks that they can handle. This is also a good time to consider professional moving help, based on the distance and size of your move.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
Why enlist professional moving help?
As mentioned earlier, a move is the last thing you would want to handle by yourself. Enlisting the services of family and friends may seem like a good idea but not very reliable considering everyone has their own schedule. Here are a few reasons why you should consider hiring a professional moving company.
- Theyoffer packing services: The biggest task in moving is the packing. Packing takes the biggest chunk of time and effort in the moving process. Therefore, hiring a moving company to handle your move is a good idea as they will take care of this gargantuan task.
- You will save loads of time: A professional company enlists moving labor that is directly proportional to the task at hand. This means that everything is taken care of efficiently; a week of packing by yourself is whittled down to a few hours with the help of moving labor.
Here is how to find a good university mover
There are hundreds if not thousands of moving companies out there. However, there is no one size that fits all therefore you have to look for a moving company that will suit your needs. Here is how to do that.
- Ensure that the company is licensed: All moving companies must be licensed by the United States Department of Transportation. Every licensed company has a unique DOT number assigned to them in the US, and a Cal T in California. Search online databases to establish this.
- Check that the company is insured: Moving insurance should cover you and your essentials during the move. Furthermore, a reputable company should also have insurance on all its trucks, employees and staff. You can find this information on the same licensing database.
- What do their moving costs include? Ensure that you know what services the moving company provides against its cost. An affordable moving company may have a wider host of services tagged to its rate compared to an expensive, white glove service.
Our moving services
A-1 Auto Transport Inc has a wide variety of moving services. We provide our services locally, across the country, nationally and internationally. In addition to these services, we offer full service packing, moving labor, university and dorm moving among other services.
Why choose A-1 Auto Transport Inc for your student move?
We are a fully licensed and insured moving company with great accreditations and reviews. Not only do we have perfect ranking on Better Business Bureau, we are also members of the American Moving and Storage Association. Moreover, we offer tailored and affordable moving solutions to suit individual needs.
Talk to us
Call us on 888-509-3213 for all your moving needs. Furthermore, you can fill the form at the top of the page and will be in touch with you in no time.
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.
Email me - firstname.lastname@example.org